Fertmentasaurus 2 or Malt Mechanics fertmenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeno

Reaction score
I'm after a new conical fermenter, however much i would love a stainless steel conical my budget won't allow it. I've been looking at either the new fertmentasarus 2 (when it finally gets released) or the malt mechanics 30l fermenter.
I would like to be able to harvest yeast and do pressure transfers

Any input to help me decide would be appreciated.

Hey mate do you care for fermenting under pressure or being able to carbonate in the fermenter?

Hey mate do you care for fermenting under pressure or being able to carbonate in the fermenter?
Hey, they would both be nice to be able to do but certainly not essential. I'm awhere you can do both in a fertmentasaurus but not the mm.
I think there are pros and cons to both fermenters but they kinda balance out.

I wouldn't be to concerned about pressure fermenting, unless of course you are going to cap the fermentation at the end, just to carb up the beer. The Fermentasaurus is a cheap option along with being able to watch the yeast in action same goes for the FermZilla, stainless is always a good option not just for the ease of cleaning but the durability, over plastic counterparts.

I wouldn't be to concerned about pressure fermenting, unless of course you are going to cap the fermentation at the end, just to carb up the beer. The Fermentasaurus is a cheap option along with being able to watch the yeast in action same goes for the FermZilla, stainless is always a good option not just for the ease of cleaning but the durability, over plastic counterparts.
I do like the idea of seeing the yeast in action in the FermZilla whereas you can't in the mm.
I agree that the durability of stainless if far greater, but the budget just won't allow it. If it did i would get the grainfather conical (I have a grainfather and love it) and make a gycol chiller.

My 2c is wait for the fermzilla and spend the extra money on something else :)

Latest posts

Back