Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Fern Tree Water

Discussion in 'Tasmanian Brewers Club' started by davidanunn, 17/2/17.

1. davidanunn

Posted 17/2/17
    Hello folks. I've just moved back to Hobart, living up in Fern Tree, and wondering if anyone has found or done an analysis of the water up here. I see a couple of entries in Brewers Friend, but I'm guessing these are for water in town. The water up here is pretty much straight off the mountain, I believe the only treatment is fluoride added at the pumping station. In any case, it's not the same as in town. Any advice accepted gratefully.

Cheers,

David

2. joecast

Eat, drink...and drink some more.

Posted 26/2/17
    Hey David,
    Yep water at FT is basically right off the mountain and gets very little treatment. You can contact TasWater for a detailed analysis but not sure if theyd give you FT results or generic Hobart. Either way it wouldnt be too far off, just may take a while to get them.

Draft saved Draft deleted