Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one of the first fermzillas and 2 recent all rounders. All work as advertised. No dramas at all

I didn't realise they had a new one is it any better than the V1 or just as bad. Has he done a follow up video?

Looks like there are an equal number who are having issues, that's why I would like to hear some feedback about the V2.

You clearly have an agenda here. Kegland have thousands of happy customers. It would be nice if we had a sample size bigger than 2 for KegKing's equivalent, but we don]'t.

Why are you posting screenshots from both an iPhone and an Android phone? Who is feeding you images to post here? Keg King? I smell a rat here and it's obviously a coordinated effort between tweedle-dee, tweedle-dum and CEO Keg King. The constant petty sniping does nothing to help his business or make me want to shop there.

Seems every time one opens facebook there is a destroyed FermZilla, why don't they just call them in and go back to the drawing board.
I think the only error the user makes is using the FermZilla as a pressure fermenter.
View attachment 118235
View attachment 118236
View attachment 118237

Why is it derailing the thread, the thread is about the FermZilla whether it be good or bad, you started the thread, you should have stated only good feed back required. Have a look on all the facebook pages they are full of negative remarks about the FermZilla. I got one too at the start, just wasn't merchantable quality. Nearly got caught with the long awaited Maltzilla, made my mind up now anything ending in Zilla is likely to be CRAP.
people who are happy don't complain...

I Have a Coopers Draught ready to Keg after being in the Fermzilla for the past 9 days. My first try with the Fermzilla I have managed to keep it at an average temp of 23 Deg and the pressure between 10 and 12 psi. My question is what sort of pressure should I apply to the keg for carbonation. I will chill the keg before the transfer and then leave in the fridge. I do not have room in the fridge for the fermenter.

Attachments

• 20200528_202329.jpg
    20200528_202329.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 34
Has anyone got the V2 FermZilla, would love to know how that is performing, the original is sure plagued with problems.
View attachment 118269
Hey "awfulknauful" just wondering why the sudden interest in a fermzilla? If you are interested in purchasing one they are available online!! A quick google search will point you in that direction. However if you are looking for further reviews and opinions of home brewer youtubers please refer to these links and channels below:-

David Heath

Home brew network
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGasherRulz/videos
Beer n BBQ Larry
https://www.youtube.com/user/BEERNBBQBYLARRY/videos
Simple Home Brew
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJzDFVD7OPyknYoiy2jcA4A

The list goes on. Just type into youtube "fermzilla" or "fermzilla review" and watch away!!

Happy youtubing!!!

Hey "awfulknauful" just wondering why the sudden interest in a fermzilla? If you are interested in purchasing one they are available online!! A quick google search will point you in that direction. However if you are looking for further reviews and opinions of home brewer youtubers please refer to these links and channels below:-

David Heath

Home brew network
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGasherRulz/videos
Beer n BBQ Larry
https://www.youtube.com/user/BEERNBBQBYLARRY/videos
Simple Home Brew
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJzDFVD7OPyknYoiy2jcA4A

The list goes on. Just type into youtube "fermzilla" or "fermzilla review" and watch away!!

Happy youtubing!!!

Aren't they the old version?

Hmmm, it must be those who are unhappy with their purchase who are complaining.
no shit mate... but saying 1000 people complaining and no one saying they aren't complaining is a bonehead statement.

if you say "1000 people shouldn't need to complain" you'd have a point - and maybe even a good one. And you wouldn't be sitting there as some keyboard jockey out to play with their agenda.

**** me why is everyone who blindly and blatantly hates kegland is such a dickhead about it

This coming from the person who just found out that there is apparently a new version
Of course I just saw the unboxing of the video of the new one easy to see they aren't the same.
no shit mate... but saying 1000 people complaining and no one saying they aren't complaining is a bonehead statement.

if you say "1000 people shouldn't need to complain" you'd have a point - and maybe even a good one. And you wouldn't be sitting there as some keyboard jockey out to play with their agenda.

**** me why is everyone who blindly and blatantly hates kegland is such a dickhead about it
You are either missing a point or making one, does that mean that all those with the Fermentasaurus or any of its off spring are happier, cos that would look like they are, seeing as there are nil complaints about them.

Why do you think I hate Keg Land, I don't hate anyone, especially blindly and blatantly.

does that mean that all those with the Fermentasaurus or any of its off spring are happier, cos that would look like they are, seeing as there are nil complaints about them
There were complaints of leaky valves and difficult disassembly on the original. But I haven't seen one pop yet.

Actually I don't think that is a new one, it looks remarkably similar to one which was seen before the FermZilla shape was decided on. Some one put a photo of it draining next to a dumpster outside KL factory. It was before the FermZilla was released.
If there was a new one it would be advertised, I would imagine.
I think that is the 3rd one that KL has sent to Dr Hans to review, might be 3rd time lucky.

Hi All - I have been chasing a really slow leak for a couple of brews, which I've finally figured out. This is on a recent All rounder which I bought for the singular reason that it seemed like it would be easiest of all options to make and keep clean (given how much the depth and small opening of kegs shits me to tears!).

Anyway, was holding pressure for a brew, but as soon as it was into settling phase (yeast had finished), it would lose pressure over night, from 12 psi down to 3 or so.

Actual cause was carbonation caps - one was fixed by simply changing over to a SS one and hand tight, the other plastic one was tightening with an adjustable spanner (well as much as you can with plastic - which isnt much - about a quarter turn I'd guess)

Anyway, I'd recommend getting SS carb caps rather than the few dollars cheaper red plastic ones . Strangely the plastic ones work fine on PET coke bottles - possiby slightly thinner plastic on the tops of PET bottles.

happy brewing

I'm on my 5th brew with my FZ all rounder and been loving it. Doing closed transfers to my kegs now and I find with the all rounder it is easy to get every last drop out. As the FZ is nearly empty I rotate it on the stand so the beer pools on one side, very little wastage. A few comments though:

It seems weird that the vessel is rated to 2.4bar but the prv is 2.5. So if you leave it without a spunding valve attached (or one set too high). you are going outside the rated working range. I know the difference is tiny, and most likely due to 2.5bar prvs being readily available, but it does make me question why they couldn't rate it at 2.5bar.

I find the lid difficult to get off. the first time was user error, i tightened the lock ring up too tight. But after this the flat lid needs a lot of levering to get out, and yes I do use keg lube.

Also not a fan of the plastic carbonation caps. They seem to be harder to get disconnects on/off than the stainless ones.

Cheers,
Chris

Aren't they the old version?
I tried to include links to reviews of the Fermzilla as a unit. Positive, neutral and negative. As he seemed quite interested in finding out if the unit was right for him. In terms of “version 2” everybody’s favourite doctor never mentions this but if you are referring to the units that now ship with lube, carry handle, bigger seal, etc if you have a look at (off the top of my head) simple home brewing and the home brewing network they specifically have Fermzilla’s with these feature. A search of YouTube for “Fermzilla v2” will yield no results and KegLand does not even sell a “v2”. So best dig a little deeper at YouTube university to find out more.

As the FZ is nearly empty I rotate it on the stand so the beer pools on one side, very little wastage.

Thanks Rodney, I was coming on here for two reasons:
1) to read the constant sniping and bitching.
2) to find out if anyone else is wasting as much beer as I am. Turns out the solution is super simple and i should have thought of it! Will use it on my next batch.

I tried to include links to reviews of the Fermzilla as a unit. Positive, neutral and negative. As he seemed quite interested in finding out if the unit was right for him. In terms of “version 2” everybody’s favourite doctor never mentions this but if you are referring to the units that now ship with lube, carry handle, bigger seal, etc if you have a look at (off the top of my head) simple home brewing and the home brewing network they specifically have Fermzilla’s with these feature. A search of YouTube for “Fermzilla v2” will yield no results and KegLand does not even sell a “v2”. So best dig a little deeper at YouTube university to find out more.
Best you watch the Dr Hans video, clearly two different stands and tanks.

Back