Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well???!!. you ignited the BS KK KL thing again, just look at the posts below, not your fault. I use 2 FZ 55L + 1 FZ 27L + fermentausirs. The FZ units work very well so long as you are not completely stupid like others who have posted pictures of exploding collection jars because they closed the butterfly vave and left them attached (fermentation not complete, pressure build up, explosion iminet) . Idiots. A Fermzilla would be one of the better choices to replace a Coopers barrel but READ the instructions.

Yeah i know, should leave pissing matches well enough alone, although it is fun to kick the hornets nest every once in a while.

I don't plan on pressure fermenting yet but it would be something i will consider further down the line, a FZ or FK seem pretty decent doesn't matter what flavour kool-aid people drink they are amazingly similar.

I wouldn't be calling them similar, I don't see many photos of Fermentasaurus or Fermenter Kings exploding if it is user error mabbe all the drongos are buying the Fermzilla and the smarter brewers the Fermenter King

I wouldn't be calling them similar, I don't see many photos of Fermentasaurus or Fermenter Kings exploding if it is user error mabbe all the drongos are buying the Fermzilla and the smarter brewers the Fermenter King
Customer misuse of a product is not a reason why others should not buy or not buy a product.. They are similar, they are fermenting vessels. READ my post. If you are that STUPID that you close the butterfly valve on a "FERMERTAURISIS , FERMZILLA or any similar device, then if fermentation is not complete a significant pressure build up in the collection vessel will happen, possibly leading to a catastrophic failure of the vessel.

Never understood the logic of pressure fermenting. Got what they deserved.
2.2 bar? That's about the pressure you run in your car tyres, and they're built with steel etc belts to contain the pressure.
What makes people think an oversized softdrink bottle will hold the same pressure?
Errm... they're sold as pressure fermenters

1590399212005.png

Customer misuse of a product is not a reason why others should not buy or not buy a product.. They are similar, they are fermenting vessels. READ my post. If you are that STUPID that you close the butterfly valve on a "FERMERTAURISIS , FERMZILLA or any similar device, then if fermentation is not complete a significant pressure build up in the collection vessel will happen, possibly leading to a catastrophic failure of the vessel.
But it isn't just the collection bottles its the fermenter body that is splitting open, even at 10 PSI!

No body signs my pay checks bar me. Have a look on KK's youtube channel you can see the fermenters being made, and its in Springvale.
No ones stopping you from getting the FermZilla but don't come on here bleating that you got ripped like you did about the Robobrew 3, up the top for thinking and down the bottom for dancing.

I feel like I keep repeating myself. This is a thread for the Fermzilla.

Ferm. Zilla.

Not the Keg King product. Which I'm not even sure has a name*

*ok I thew that in for the sake of CEO kegking. But seriously does it have a name?

FERMZILLA.

I feel like I keep repeating myself. This is a thread for the Fermzilla.

Ferm. Zilla.

Not the Keg King product. Which I'm not even sure has a name*

*ok I thew that in for the sake of CEO kegking. But seriously does it have a name?

FERMZILLA.
Fermenter King. I did mention FermZilla in that post.

Yeah i know, should leave pissing matches well enough alone, although it is fun to kick the hornets nest every once in a while.

I don't plan on pressure fermenting yet but it would be something i will consider further down the line, a FZ or FK seem pretty decent doesn't matter what flavour kool-aid people drink they are amazingly similar.
Amazingly similar? Well the All rounder was just a take off on the KK Snub Nose but the similarity stops there. Our tanks are made by a totally different process and I invite you again to visit our factory so that you can see it for yourself. The machinery used to make this is not available to the business in China making these products. Have you actually compared the quality of the KK tanks to the others? Even our packaging is made in Australia.

If you are here just to be annoying I get that. Some people just don’t have much else in their lives. However to compare a quality Australian product with great backup service to this Chinese tank is a poke in the eye to a bunch of hard working Australians who do not deserve the shit being heaped on what they worked very hard to produce. The KK product is well regarded around the world and it will continue to keep getting better. Frankly I don’t even want to be on this thread but I will defend our team against your ill informed assertions wherever they show up. Have the guts to actually come and visit us if you can or at least look at the video showing the production. You just blatantly said they came out of the same factory etc. Nothing could be further from the truth and no amount of the fun in kicking the hornets justifies your attack upon the good people behind what we make. What is wrong with people who feel the need to attack their own countrymen who try to do something good especially in this time?

Last edited:
Amazingly similar? Well the All rounder was just a take off on the KK Snub Nose but the similarity stops there. Our tanks are made by a totally different process and I invite you again to visit our factory so that you can see it for yourself. The machinery used to make this is not available to the business in China making these products. Have you actually compared the quality of the KK tanks to the others? Even our packaging is made in Australia.

If you are here just to be annoying I get that. Some people just don’t have much else in their lives. However to compare a quality Australian product with great backup service to this Chinese tank is a poke in the eye to a bunch of hard working Australians who do not deserve the shit being heaped on what they worked very hard to produce. The KK product is well regarded around the world and it will continue to keep getting better. Frankly I don’t even want to be on this thread but I will defend our team against your ill informed assertions wherever they show up. Have the guts to actually come and visit us if you can or at least look at the video showing the production. You just blatantly said they came out of the same factory etc. Nothing could be further from the truth and no amount of the fun in kicking the hornets justifies your attack upon the good people behind what we make. What is wrong with people who feel the need to attack their own countrymen who try to do something good especially in this time?

It amazes me that you keep banging on about your tanks being made in Australia like you need a medal for it and further insinuating that China cannot produce a quality product also. Especially considering, the vast majority of what you sell is made in China !? Probably other components on the Fermenter King are from China.

You also like to point out that KegLand 'copied' your snubnose idea... okay, well did KegKing then copy their idea to have a double batch sized Fermenter King?

It amazes me that you keep banging on about your tanks being made in Australia like you need a medal for it and further insinuating that China cannot produce a quality product also. Especially considering, the vast majority of what you sell is made in China !? Probably other components on the Fermenter King are from China.

You also like to point out that KegLand 'copied' your snubnose idea... okay, well did KegKing then copy their idea to have a double batch sized Fermenter King?
Settle down skip, let the guy have some credit for getting goods manufactured here, I doubt he's not after a medal or a mention in the honours list.
I don't think he insinuated that China cannot produce a quality tank he straight out said it.
Surely you can agree with that seeing all the ruptured FermZilla tanks.
Hopefully Keg Land will invest some money on a blow moulding machine like Keg King has done, provide more jobs here while keeping a watchful eye on quality control.

I don't know whether a double batch size would have been in the pipeline, but from drawing to tooling, to delivery takes time, remember how long it took KL to come up with the FermZilla, over two years we were waiting for that. Could have been thinking alike.
Stay safe Baron:bigcheers:

Umm that first pic, isn’t the spunding valve supposed to go on the gas post? It’s on the beer post by the look of it.
no - if you do that all the beer comes out the spunding valve (suched through the dip tube), and you don't notice until the whole thing is empty and it's all over your floor.

it's ******* devastating

no - if you do that all the beer comes out the spunding valve (suched through the dip tube), and you don't notice until the whole thing is empty and it's all over your floor.

it's ******* devastating
Every other video and picture I’ve seen it goes on the gas post. I could be mistake on now to use it as I’ve never done it myself. Im wanting to pressure fermenting and transfer with the next brew.

Every other video and picture I’ve seen it goes on the gas post. I could be mistake on now to use it as I’ve never done it myself. Im wanting to pressure fermenting and transfer with the next brew.
it does go on the gas post
i'm saying this one is on the gas post - if it wasn't shit goes everywhere

Without seeing the diptube or lack of underneath the cap you can't tell which post is which - the posts both accept gas or liquid disconnects so the fact that the blow-tie is attached to a liquid disconnect doesn't necessarily imply that it's on the liquid post.

It actually looks like it's behaved as intended - PRV released the pressure when the spunding valve clogged with krausen. That one genuinely is operator error - should have been using a blow-off tube or intermediate collection vessel to ensure the krausen didn't clog the spunding valve.

Without seeing the diptube or lack of underneath the cap you can't tell which post is which
you can definitely tell it isn't connected to a dip tube though

i've never used anything between fermenter + spunding except what is in this pic, what do you mean by intermediate vessel?

you can definitely tell it isn't connected to a dip tube though

i've never used anything between fermenter + spunding except what is in this pic, what do you mean by intermediate vessel?
Oh yeah logically you can tell which it's on, I meant you can't tell visually.

Intermediate vessel would be a pressure vessel like a keg - connect the FV gas post to the liquid post on the intermediate, and the spunding valve on the gas post of the intermediate. That way if krausen travels through the gas line it will collect in the bottom of the keg/intermediate while the spunding valve is high and dry - no danger of it getting clogged.

There might be a technical term for that intermediate vessel but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Looking at the way it was set up, shouldn't the spunding valve come before the pressure gauge, with the Tee piece after with the pressure gauge on one side of the Tee piece and blow off on the other? The internals of the gauge will have copped a load of krausen in the guts. Also thats a hell of a lot of krausen for a pressure ferment, I found the krausen to be subdued under pressure.

Latest posts

Back