Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunting valve was not needed the main fermenter was not under pressure, only the true tub was 100% full with the valve closed , I don’t believe the equipment is the issue only my mistake

Do you really think this is appropriate @CEO Keg King?

Screenshot_20191116-200134.png

This risk is inherent in the design of these unitanks with collection vessels that can be isolated from the safety device (PRV). Seems like the potential damage from failure of the rigid/brittle Fermzilla bottle is much higher than earlier designs though, and is quite concerning. At the very least they should be plastered with warnings not to do this, but better to look into a failsafe design change.

Similar issue I had with a Fermentasaurus bottle by my own ****-up, I capped the yeast and beer and put it into the fridge for later use. Six months passed and I decided to discard, nearly lost an eye when the lid blew off as apparently it had fermented out further in that time and I didn't consider just how high the pressure may have gotten. Without exaggeration it coated the ceiling and room with yeast slurry in a six metre radius (and also my wife, which was perhaps the bigger danger to me...), so this is an indication of the pressures involved.

Stunting valve was not needed the main fermenter was not under pressure, only the true tub was 100% full with the valve closed , I don’t believe the equipment is the issue only my mistake

View attachment 116953
I am happy to keep a customer like Neil for our Aussie made products. Is that a sin? How many our fathers etc should I say? I think there is far worse for you to call out here if you think about it. I like what the man said and that is fair dinkum.

I am happy to keep a customer like Neil for our Aussie made products. Is that a sin? How many our fathers etc should I say? I think there is far worse for you to call out here if you think about it. I like what the man said and that is fair dinkum.
Time and a place, and your competitor's thread isn't it in my view. But if you're comfortable then so be it.

Time and a place, and your competitor's thread isn't it in my view. But if you're comfortable then so be it.
They send people to post on ours all the time and I don’t see you calling that out?? I stayed quiet for a long time whilst we had shit dumped on us. When someone gives us a compliment then I am happy to like. I did not post until you had a go and I don’t see why I should shut up whilst you cast unwarranted aspersions. If you do that then don’t expect me to sit quietly ignoring this with the feigned holier than though bit. Suggest we leave it at that,

They send people to post on ours all the time and I don’t see you calling that out?? I stayed quiet for a long time whilst we had shit dumped on us. When someone gives us a compliment then I am happy to like. I did not post until you had a go and I don’t see why I should shut up whilst you cast unwarranted aspersions. If you do that then don’t expect me to sit quietly ignoring this with the feigned holier than though bit. Suggest we leave it at that,
I'm not sure who expected you to shut up, and I'm not sure what aspersions have been cast, I just questioned whether it's a great look for someone with "CEO company name" in their title to be visibly liking a post critical of their competitor in a thread specific to that competitor. Doesn't feel right to me, and if the red figurehead did that in the Fermentasaurus thread I'd ask the question there too, or any of the other sponsors. If you're comfortable then fair enough, I don't own this place (nor do I pay to be here any longer) and my view isn't everyone's.

Have a look through the KK Fermentasaurus thread, not only will you find a like from Keg Land for a negative post about the Snub Nose, but they joined in the fray with a post of their own! Saying its a load of crap who's idea was this. Now they have only gone and copied the God damned thing!

Have a look through the KK Fermentasaurus thread, not only will you find a like from Keg Land for a negative post about the Snub Nose, but they joined in the fray with a post of their own! Saying its a load of crap who's idea was this. Now they have only gone and copied the God damned thing!
Fair enough, didn't see that one but poor form too by the sound of it.

Noob mistake or product failure?
Did a late night 10pm transfer from the FermZilla to keg of a well hopped all in brew Mutiny Red IPA brew,
Thought it will be right until I get home the next day to do the clean out.
A me home from work to the strong scent of hops and brew downstairs,
On investigation I found this
fOmgQf8.jpg

Not sure what the pressure rating is on the tub but it can blow

Mk3ACks.jpg

The other half of the collection tub was in the opposite corner of the bathroom

Now I have done this procedure several times without a problem.
But this failure I put down to me forgetting to open the valve back up when done as I normally do, allowing the pressure to move to the whole unit, not just the tub alone
The hydraulic pressure of the hops and yeast would appear to have exceeded the limits of the vessel

So remember brewers keep the valve open if you do this also,
I was looking at getting a 2nd bottle anyway for yeast harvesting, so have ordered 2 new bottles instead

After cleaning this up I thought I would break the seal of the fresh keg of All in Brew Consequences, dumped the first dregs then poured a nice pint and relaxed a bit, came back about an hour later the another fresh smell of brew again to find the new keg had leaked out completely from the ball post “WTF” to all over the floor downstairs,
start the clean up again

Wow just wow, what a crap day
Live and learn

I had a similar issue a couple months back. Closed the valve to take the yeast away but suddenly life got in the way. Then discovered this.

Not as bad as yours, mine blew the cap off. Haven't had to clean up a poo explosion since the little girl was little [emoji23]
IMG_3305.JPG
IMG_3307.JPG

Fair enough, didn't see that one but poor form too by the sound of it.
I agree with you it is poor form, but giving a like to NB for his praise for the KK product is no biggie.
As I have said many times before I was in no ones camp when the KL, KK thing started until this post (191) and more after, throwing shit at another entity who has no right of reply. Just a form of bullying and I can't stand bullies.
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/kegking-now-at-keg-king-com-au.97238/page-10

I'm not sure who expected you to shut up, and I'm not sure what aspersions have been cast, I just questioned whether it's a great look for someone with "CEO company name" in their title to be visibly liking a post critical of their competitor in a thread specific to that competitor. Doesn't feel right to me, and if the red figurehead did that in the Fermentasaurus thread I'd ask the question there too, or any of the other sponsors. If you're comfortable then fair enough, I don't own this place (nor do I pay to be here any longer) and my view isn't everyone's.
Well I liked a post by someone who is happy with us and it had no other connotations such as what you are trying to put on it. Why should I not be proud that someone is pleased with our gear? I don’t have to hide and you were so obviously goading and trying to serve up your dose of critical admonishment that I think it fair to defend myself no matter how it “feels “ to you. Go and take it out on those who continue to try and trash whatever we put up if you want to show that you are fair. Why can I not like what the man said without you getting sanctimonious and pushing me to respond. Leave it already if you can but if not then take it offline and I will be happy to have PM with you.

Yeah forget it, no point continuing this and contributing further to an already excess level of snark at this place.

I had a similar issue a couple months back. Closed the valve to take the yeast away but suddenly life got in the way. Then discovered this.

Not as bad as yours, mine blew the cap off. Haven't had to clean up a poo explosion since the little girl was little [emoji23]View attachment 116955View attachment 116956
Good thing you had a plastic cap on, wouldn't like to see one of the steel caps ejected.

pleased with our gear

Never fails to amuse me that the only reason you have the Fermentasaurus to sell at all is because it was left to you by the departing KegLand people. You should really be thanking them

Oh, before you ask

- No I don't work for KegLand
- No, I don't want you phone number to chat

I understand now what happened, easy mistake to make. That's the problem with the butterfly valve you have equal lbs force of the pressure pushing to open it and the pressure to keep it closed.
Another plus for the Fermenter King plunger fitting,the pressure would have just lifted the plunger and saved any dramas.

Never fails to amuse me that the only reason you have the Fermentasaurus to sell at all is because it was left to you by the departing KegLand people. You should really be thanking them

Oh, before you ask

- No I don't work for KegLand
- No, I don't want you phone number to chat
You are easily amused then. Never fails to amuse me too that it was all stuff done on KK money, KK paid for time and in KK paid for factory. So yes we do own it and no need for thanking when you have already paid for it. Though the design was actually done by others and our team has made it way better than it started life as. Hence the dropping of the reptilian moniker which a good product does not deserve. The Europeans just went apeshit over it last week at the Brau Beviale show where we had a stand showing off a great Aussie product. Even David Heath commented on the quality when he popped by.

Thanks for the heads up that you just want to stir and have no interest in the truth. Just try to lob something and run quickly rather than have the whole story come out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back