Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news on the heat coil, thanks for confirming this!

My current setup with he heat belt on the fridge floor seems to be working fine (seems to be equivalent to you recommendation) though i know it can only be improved so i would love to get a temp probe inside the fermenter rather than my current setup where it is strapped to the side and protected by a layer of thermal tape and foam to concentrate the reading from the fermenter side rather than the surrounding air. Should i look at adding/modify the lid to add a thermowell/temp probe or do you have something in the pipeline for this as well?
Just add a thermowell if you want one, don't wait for them to release one. A hole saw through the lid and $15 thermowell from aliexpress and you're sorted.

I Grabbed a 55L a couple mins after midnight.. Site was pretty slow so there must have been quite a few people ordering!

Has anyone got rid of the frame and just stood the FermZilla up in their fermenter fridge on the collection container? I find the stand is to deep for my fridge and wont fit.

Yeah don't do that
Heat belts are not air heating elements, their surface watt density is too high and they don't have any fins or surface area for radiating heat
They're designed to pass heat via direct contact
I've seen them melt and catch fire
9 times out of 10 nothing will happen, but there is the chance they'll burn your house down

Fair enough, I stand corrected! Looks like I'll be putting it around my fermenter from now on then

Can anyone confirm, who has purchased one of the 27 litre fermzilla's in the latest shipment, if they got the stainless handle with their model. Cheers

Can anyone confirm, who has purchased one of the 27 litre fermzilla's in the latest shipment, if they got the stainless handle with their model. Cheers
My fermzilla ordered on the 30th June did not have stainless handles

EDIT: had the handles on the stand

Those handles aren’t in the description or image of the FermZilla and, they aren’t in stock individually so I’m not expecting to get them…

I Grabbed a 55L a couple mins after midnight.. Site was pretty slow so there must have been quite a few people ordering!
Lucky you did as they are now out of stock on the 55 litre.

Those handles aren’t in the description or image of the FermZilla and, they aren’t in stock individually so I’m not expecting to get them…
See post 2155 in Keg Land Q & A section 10. Quote Improved handle design on the neck of the fermenter making it easier to pick up and maneuvre.

See post 2155 in Keg Land Q & A section 10. Quote Improved handle design on the neck of the fermenter making it easier to pick up and maneuvre.

I do remember seeing that post, I’d be glad if they did come included. But based on the description on the site, I’m not expecting them to!

*edit* I think I also remember them saying the handle upgrade would also increase the price by $10.. I only paid the original price of $130 so I don’t think that upgrade has gone through yet

I do remember seeing that post, I’d be glad if they did come included. But based on the description on the site, I’m not expecting them to!

*edit* I think I also remember them saying the handle upgrade would also increase the price by $10.. I only paid the original price of $130 so I don’t think that upgrade has gone through yet
As it reads in their post 2155, reads to me like it comes as standard. Link to paying an extra $10 for the handle

I was told that the handle wasn't included in the first 2 shipments but will be included in future. The price will go up by $10 once that happens.

Because the price hasn't gone up I was wondering if they were coming included yet.

As it reads in their post 2155, reads to me like it comes as standard. Link to paying an extra $10 for the handle
Certainly does read that they are included, as FOC says they changed their mind by this post.

The stainless handles are rated for lifting the FermZilla when full. The same handle can also lift the 55L model as well. The handles themselves can lift well over 100kg. In the initial designs we did try to make the handles plastic and have them integrated into the neck of the fermenter but the long term strength was questionable and the stainless handles add about $10 to the price so it's not that much more to pay to get the much better quality handles.

Certainly does read that they are included, as FOC says they changed their mind by this post.

The stainless handles are rated for lifting the FermZilla when full. The same handle can also lift the 55L model as well. The handles themselves can lift well over 100kg. In the initial designs we did try to make the handles plastic and have them integrated into the neck of the fermenter but the long term strength was questionable and the stainless handles add about $10 to the price so it's not that much more to pay to get the much better quality handles.

What is said on a third party forum versus what is stated on the actual website where you’re buying from are two different things.

I’d defer to going with the latter for what you’re getting. If people are expecting the stainless handles on this shipment are probably going to be disappointed. Not worth waiting for the next batch in my opinion...

What is said on a third party forum versus what is stated on the actual website where you’re buying from are two different things...
I wouldn't call their Questions and Answers a third party forum, it is where brewers go for advice, if the advice posted by KL isn't kosher there's not much point in them posting there.

Lucky you did as they are now out of stock on the 55 litre.

i was up at 7am to order... out of stock.... bit disappointing :(

wouldnt have thought it was such a limited run, and if it was maybe have it release at a reasonable time not midnight.

i was up at 7am to order... out of stock.... bit disappointing :(

wouldnt have thought it was such a limited run, and if it was maybe have it release at a reasonable time not midnight.
Yeah like when they open up in the morning. So I wonder if they just got more stock in of the 27l or if the 55l is more popular as they still have 27l in stock.

Latest posts

Back