Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd basically have to melt the tank to get it out. Then when it splits or fails under pressure KL will say you voided your warranty by over heating it.

Personally I would leave it.

You'd basically have to melt the tank to get it out. Then when it splits or fails under pressure KL will say you voided your warranty by over heating it.

I bought mine second hand, though not used I have no receipt, as I said I can live with mine but had I bought it direct then it would have been going back.

I bought mine second hand, though not used I have no receipt, as I said I can live with mine but had I bought it direct then it would have been going back.

As mentioned previously we would be happy to exchange the tank. With that said if you increase the temperature closer to the glass transition temperature this method will be effective. We have found that 50C water is normally sufficient to achieve this. Then let the water cool in the container. If the water is below 48C then it will not work.

We specifically say 50C because this is a reasonable margin from the melting point of the plastic and it's below the warning temperature on the side of the unit which states not to exceed 55C. So there would be no reason why this would void warranty as it would be using the tank within the limits of what we recommend.

Look I am not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, but buying a product off the shelf should not include hair dryers, warm water, pressure, it should be good to go straight from un boxing. Sending these to Europe and USA would surely be embarrasing, if it came with these instructions, its embarrasing to me as an Aussie that we couldn't get something which is not quite right.

Look I am not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, but buying a product off the shelf should not include hair dryers, warm water, pressure, it should be good to go straight from un boxing. Sending these to Europe and USA would surely be embarrasing, if it came with these instructions, its embarrasing to me as an Aussie that we couldn't get something which is not quite right.

I’d be unhappy if I got one and it turned up dented. But fair play, they’ve offered to replace yours even without receipt so, I’d send it back. I really would, the dent would irritate me no end

I think it’s worth remembering we’re not dealing with a company the scale of Apple etc. there’s bound to be issues.. but as long as they’re properly addressed, I’m good with it. Especially if they keep innovating and releasing cool stuff

Having said that, even companies on that huge scale like Apple would have people spending $1500 on a phone and getting a dodgy one that craps itself.

We could not agree more which is why we have offered the option of a tank exchange.

With that said it's also possible to damage the tank for instance if someone was to squash the tank in storage for instance some time after it was purchased and it's good for us to tell customers how to rectify this situation on a public forum like this so the customers realise how easy it is to solve this issue just with some 50C water. We are by no means saying you have to do this as you might find it easier to exchange the tank.

We have already started to discuss how your tank got squashed but we have not 100% confident how it happened. On the Gen 1 model we used to send these in colour printed box which looked nice but it was made from thinner cardboard. We now use thicker cardboard so I don't think the box thickness is the issue. It could have been squashed by being placed under lots of other heavy boxes or mishandled. We don't know how this particular tank got damaged. I can assure you though that we will continue to investigate and improve the product just like we do with all the products we sell.

I have a beer fermenting in the fermzilla at the moment, warm water didn't shift the dent neither has the 15psi which the gauge is reading. Thanks for the offer of an exchange but I would much sooner stick with the one I have,I don't want to end up with one like SpaceClef has. And reading the last sentence of post 1393, I guess this is as good as it gets.
Quote.
Fermentasaurus Gen 2 - 27L
We have decided to make some further changes to this and we have re-designed the collection container. Previously you would probably notice the Fermentasaurus 1 has a collection container that had no easy way to release pressure. We did get some customers get hops block in the container then this could cause a bit of a hop explosion effect when the collection container was removed. So we have re-designed the collection container so it has 3 openings on the collection container. You can easily attach ball lock posts to these openings as well so this means you can more easily purge oxygen from the hops or whatever it is that you are dosing the container with. The other thing is that you can also dispense samples from this collection container or use it to oxygenate your wort. So this will give the collection container several additional functions. So sorry it's taken longer than we anticipated but we simply don't want to start selling the product until we are really happy with the end product.

I have a beer fermenting in the fermzilla at the moment, warm water didn't shift the dent neither has the 15psi which the gauge is reading. Thanks for the offer of an exchange but I would much sooner stick with the one I have,I don't want to end up with one like SpaceClef has. And reading the last sentence of post 1393, I guess this is as good as it gets.
Quote.
Fermentasaurus Gen 2 - 27L
We have decided to make some further changes to this and we have re-designed the collection container. Previously you would probably notice the Fermentasaurus 1 has a collection container that had no easy way to release pressure. We did get some customers get hops block in the container then this could cause a bit of a hop explosion effect when the collection container was removed. So we have re-designed the collection container so it has 3 openings on the collection container. You can easily attach ball lock posts to these openings as well so this means you can more easily purge oxygen from the hops or whatever it is that you are dosing the container with. The other thing is that you can also dispense samples from this collection container or use it to oxygenate your wort. So this will give the collection container several additional functions. So sorry it's taken longer than we anticipated but we simply don't want to start selling the product until we are really happy with the end product.
Where is that quote from?

The Fermzilla that I received was absolutely pristine, no dents or anything else. I gave it a thorough inspection to ensure there wasn't anything to worry about, and so far my first batch in it has been a dream. Haven't opened the valve on this particular batch as I ran slightly under my volume numbers and thought I could prevent a small amount of loss by keeping it closed so I can't comment on the collection container side of things yet. I was hoping to try out the purging of the container prior to dry hoping, but didn't order extra carbonation caps for that, silly me!

Tried the warm water with some pressure and the dent is still there. Really does seem to be a fault somwhere in the manufacturing process as WEAL an Far side of crazy suggested.

Or maybe you're just speculating? I'm not affiliated with anyone at all, but certainly seeing so many people throwing out their opinions as if they are fact is very annoying to see. You have absolutely no idea if there is a fault in the manufacturing process, and you're basing that off of seeing a couple of dicky ones on a forum.
Have you considered that maybe the couple of bad ones that we've seen on here could be just a couple out of the hundreds/thousands of good ones?

Funny how the world turns, one person is short changed one dollars worth of hops bought from keg land and there is a major outcry and dozens of posts of people voicing their opinions, unacceptable dents in a $130 Fermzilla and that's OK. All it takes to rectify the problem is Quality Control in place in the manufacturers facility in China.

Just a quick tip. I'm not a fan of the PET caps supplied with the fermzilla with that little blue plastic insert in the caps. I don't know how sanitary they'll be if yeast and crud gets behind them. So I changed them out for Coopers PET caps that are a 1 piece design with nowhere for crud to hide.

Funny how the world turns, one person is short changed one dollars worth of hops bought from keg land and there is a major outcry and dozens of posts of people voicing their opinions, unacceptable dents in a $130 Fermzilla and that's OK.

I was the "hop guy" AND I'm also not happy about people receiving damaged Fermzilla's. I believe in quality control, from the cheapest item to the most expensive.

Or maybe you're just speculating? I'm not affiliated with anyone at all, but certainly seeing so many people throwing out their opinions as if they are fact is very annoying to see. You have absolutely no idea if there is a fault in the manufacturing process, and you're basing that off of seeing a couple of dicky ones on a forum.
Have you considered that maybe the couple of bad ones that we've seen on here could be just a couple out of the hundreds/thousands of good ones?
I would say it is logical, that there is a fault in the manufacture, a box with no damage and a Fermzilla damaged, I have a Fermentasaurus, it resists any denting even if attempted, this dent doesn't push out, even resisted warm water and pressure. But it is water under the bridge now, it still ferments wort but I don't believe the claim that PET is becoming better than stainless steel. For a few dollars more I could have got the Guten fermenter, still may if finances are in order at the end of the month.

I would say it is logical, that there is a fault in the manufacture, a box with no damage and a Fermzilla damaged, I have a Fermentasaurus, it resists any denting even if attempted, this dent doesn't push out, even resisted warm water and pressure. But it is water under the bridge now, it still ferments wort but I don't believe the claim that PET is becoming better than stainless steel. For a few dollars more I could have got the Guten fermenter, still may if finances are in order at the end of the month.

No you wont... the Guten cant do what the FermZilla can do, not without drilling and doing all sorts of mods anyway.

Latest posts

Back