Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Grmblz

Reaction score
Isn't that already on your website?

Edit
Looks like the critical minds had a critical fail rofl. Just more sales bs, good idea though, I ordered mine last week. The only problem with it is you're locked into push in's, either JG or duo's, I'm not a fan and prefer barbs but such is life, it'll be worth it to get rid of the coils in the fridge.
Well spotted btw.

KegLand-com-au

www.KegLand.com.au - A Land of Stainless Steel
AHB Sponsor
Reaction score

Edit
Haha. You know our products better than I do. This was spoken about but I did not realise this was already being manufactured. Looks like we have a small amount of this product already in stock too. thanks for that link. I should probably go over what other new products we have in stock too.

NattyJ

Reaction score

Edit
Haha. I was thinking the same thing!

Ballaratguy

Reaction score
I feel guilty saying this, but the Fermzilla was a bit of an impulse buy for me. Had decided to go with the Guten fermenter, but it was out of stock. Happened to be looking at this forum when news broke, I managed to get one first release. Am quite happy with it so far! (And before anyone spruiks the benefits of stainless over plastic, I'll add it probably won't preclude me from getting a stainless conical down the track.)

I'm six days into my first fermentation, yeast has begun to flocculate and my collection jar is pretty full. Will remove tonight, but am wary about re-attaching.

If I do reattach, I'll basically do using the same principles as a counter-pressure bottle filler. It'd involve:
  • attaching a carb cap to the jar, attach jar to bottom of unit, purge with CO2, then under a small amt of pressure feeding the beer out through the floating dip tube into the jar via the carb cap
  • gently loosen jar from the fermenter to allow CO2 to gradually escape out the lid
  • when full, tighten the jar and open butterfly valve.
But I'm conscious that'll let in a small amt of O2.

Pretty sure the benefits of collecting additional trub won't be greater than the risks of additional O2, but interested in the views of others...
I’ve got a couple of Guten fermenters one done a few brews the other brand new in the box (just opened it to make sure it was all there)
$200 & $220. Happy to post at your expense
I stopped using them as I like to do higher volumes

MHB

Reaction score
Looks like the critical minds had a critical fail rofl. Just more sales bs, good idea though, I ordered mine last week. The only problem with it is you're locked into push in's, either JG or duo's, I'm not a fan and prefer barbs but such is life, it'll be worth it to get rid of the coils in the fridge.
Well spotted btw.
Should stretch onto a 4mm barb, 5mm line has no problems fitting onto a 6mm barb.
I use the steam wand on the coffee maker to heat about a barb length of the line and to warm up the barb at the same time. Warming the barb stops the line chilling when it comes into contact and grabbing.
Mark

Half-baked

Reaction score
I’ve got a couple of Guten fermenters one done a few brews the other brand new in the box (just opened it to make sure it was all there)
$200 & $220. Happy to post at your expense
I stopped using them as I like to do higher volumes
Thanks for the offer mate, but I’ve moved on already.
I got a good couple of years out of my fermzilla and then sold second hand, managed to get an SS Brewtech Chronical at a bargain.

The fermzilla was a good bit of kit, but the allure of stainless was too strong…

wide eyed and legless

Reaction score
The stainless steel Apollo looks like a formidable bit of kit, well worth considering for those in the market for stainless fermenters. I am more that happy with the PET Apollo with the thicker wall.

clickeral

Reaction score
The stainless steel Apollo looks like a formidable bit of kit, well worth considering for those in the market for stainless fermenters. I am more that happy with the PET Apollo with the thicker wall.
Any details on the stainless? I have a couple of cheeky peak Unis on the way (30 and 50L) also have a 58L kegmenter (with cooling coil) looking at other vessels

And then probably a brewtools F80 or the jacketed cheeky 105L uni

Need to tweak my DIY glycol setup some more however

wide eyed and legless

Reaction score
Any details on the stainless? I have a couple of cheeky peak Unis on the way (30 and 50L) also have a 58L kegmenter (with cooling coil) looking at other vessels

And then probably a brewtools F80 or the jacketed cheeky 105L uni

Need to tweak my DIY glycol setup some more however
Coming out early next year, looks pretty good, tri clover fittings and extendable legs.

Latest posts