Fermenting at 12psi, 25 degrees ok?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezzbot

Reaction score
Hi guys, I posted this question in the Kegland thread with no luck so thought id try again here.

Kegland say that fermenting at pressure negates the ill affects of fermenting at higher temps. but nothing specific?

So when fermenting at 12psi with the Fermzilla what temps do you think are too high?

I'll be fermenting in my open basement that fluctuates from about 14 to 24 degrees.

Ultimately, should i be thinking on getting a temp controlled fridge? Or do you think under 12 psi, 24-25 degrees is fine?

https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/fermenting-under-pressure.66163/
All the info you could ever want in that thread

A lot of talk about doing ales under no/low pressure (3psi) till 3points of gravity left and then putting pressure on to get natural carbonation

From my notes (williamswarn process) 21psi for both ales and largers

Ale 23c for 4days pilsners/lagers 15c for 3days followed by 18c for 3days (D rest) Cold crash should get it down to serving pressure

Id say with your temp fluctuation you should be fine but best way to find out is to try

DR hans on youtube has some good videos and he tends to ferment at the highest pressure possible

Latest posts

Back