Fermenting and watering down

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickidiculous

Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone would be able to help me out, I’ve done a bit of searching on here and it’s been suggested it’s fine to brew a kit and kilo that’s supposed to be 23l, as say a 19l batch instead to increase flavour and alc content, also people have watered down beer that came out to strong at the point of kegging, I’m just wondering what the result would be of brewing a batch with the standard amount of water but doubling the fermentables, for instance if you wanted to make a standard coopers p.a kit, But used two cans of coopers p.a goo, two boxes of be2, double any hops that you were going to add, doubling the yeast then when fermentation is complete watering it down when kegging, half fill the kegs with the souped up beer and then top up with water? Kinda like brewing beer cordial. Would just save room in the fermentation fridge is all. This may be a silly question just curious.

That's how the commercials do it, fermenter space is a premium so commercials brew and ferment a high ABV beer and dilute afterwards.

There will be oxygen in the water though, even boiled water once it has cooled.

Latest posts

Back