Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I notice in Palmers book he always ferments in a carboy , anyone else use one of these?
I have one for wine I thought I may give a try , of course no tap in the bottom.
Interested if anyone uses one

Batz,
I cant say I use one. They are pretty expensive here from what I've seen.
Did You pick yours up at a HBS? I think the americans use them a lot coz there was stacks from the water coolers they use(d) over there. Apparently they are pretty cheap over there.
Have you made any wine yet?
I'm interested in making some but I'm not sure if the wine will stain the plastic fermenters so I've held off so far.
Has anyone else made any wine?
Just curious to know.

Cheers
B)

Made quite a few kit wines Coopers etc , come out nice.
When I live in a more fruity area I'll do my own , just got the kits to learn about the basics.
Same as beer there is lots of info on the net

I've trellised some Shiraz and Cab Sav vines that should bear some fruit this season...

If I get enough fruit, I might try a batch of red - but I don't think Penfolds has anything to worry about just yet :lol:

I will use a fermenter just for the wine - don't want to risk staining/contaminating my beer fermenters.

Dad used to make Blackberry wine - I remember hearing the explosions and seeing the red stained walls (mum was a tad upset)!

Cheers,

TL

Batz said:
When I live in a more fruity area I'll do my own , just got
Like Oxford street? :unsure:

We're all so happy for you! :p

Like the Noosa hinterlands
2 years time !!

Back