Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax

Reaction score
I thought you guys might like this story.

I managed to scam two more fermenters yesterday, and the best part is... I got the little lady to pay for them :D .

How? I hear you ask. Well the chick drinks cyder (strongbow). I dragged her into the local HB shop and showed her a cyder kit for $10. She's tasted some of my HB and agrees it's better than the commercial stuff. So she was real keen for me to have a crack at making cyder for her. I told her I'll need two new fermenters or her cyder will taste of beer (the HB guy was trying his best not to laugh). Anyway she bought them for me hahaha :lol: .

All I have to do now is stuff up the first batch so she doesn't want any more and hey presto, two new fermenters for my brewery.

heheh... love your work.
Really though, are you not interestedin making some cider for her though? I wonder how it does turn out. How many fermenters does that make for you now?

ive picked up two fermenters at coles in the last week

they had a disontinued line on 25L breweiser fermenters
i got two, one at $15, 4 days later $12.

cheers
crackers

Volcano

6 in total now.

To be honest I will have a serious crack at the cider. She's not a heavy drinker so one batch should keep her going for a few months. It'll be interesting to see how it comes out. Will let you know.

ive made some non-alcohol ginger beer that didnt taste too bad. only need the one fermenter for that though.
joe

Wax,

Does SWMBO like sweet or dry cider ?
I've made a few ciders from kits but I had difficulty making a sweet cider until I used the White Labs Sweet Mead/Cider yeast.
Made a lot of difference over the wine/champagne yeasts.

Beers,
Doc

Doc.
Very interesting, all my ciders and alcoholic lemonades with champagne yeast have been dry to the point of nasty tasting. Did you definitely let fermentation complete its course (so that a bottle conditioner like me could do it) or did you subdue the yeast and force carbonate?

Doc

Would that yeast be a good choice for a sweet ginger beer?

Hoops

hoopsunitedbrewery said:
Doc

Would that yeast be a good choice for a sweet ginger beer?

Hoops
Yes,

I have used it in my Ginger Beer recipee.

(this is from my original recipee that is now referred to as Snow's Ginger Beer on The Grumpy's forum - from when he posted it there) :D

Just remember to do some Dry Gingering (thanks Walt) in the secondary - makes it especially good. :chug:

Dammit, I'm going to have to change all references to 'GMK's Ginger Ale' now! :angry:

;)

GL,

Yeah fermentation had finished.
I don't keg my ciders or ginger beers. Always bottle. Have to actually bottle a ginger beer this weekend. Been a year since I bottle a full batch. Hope the weather is cooler.

Hoops,
Haven't tried it in ginger beer though, so sounds like GMK is your mand for that.

Beers,
Doc

Thanks Doc. Will definitely give that yeast a go, have a pear tree bowed down with fruit so planning a perry.

That nasty thieving Snow. To be fair he clearly pointed out when he posted it that it was GMK s recipe. But it ended up being labelled as "Snows Ginger Beer" on the Grumpys forum regardless.

Back