Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philired1

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone tested the pressure this fermenter can take. I am looking at putting a tube in the airlock hole connected to a spunding valve. Will put a gas disconnect in the lid also. If it holds a low pressure will use it for closed fermentation. This fermenter is 15l. I do closed fermenter to keg transfer using the airlock hole with a beer line as a return line from the keg. 42021[1].jpg

I tested this one to 40 PSI.
1596101158963.png

It did bind the thread, so was unmovable there after.
Better off getting the Keg King Junior, cheap enough and will hold the pressure easily.
004.JPG

View attachment 118675
It did bind the thread, so was unmovable there after.
Better off getting the Keg King Junior, cheap enough and will hold the pressure easily.
View attachment 118676
Have this already. Would only be looking at up to 10psi. Would use the co2 into keg and vent of through spunding valve on keg. This would purge the keg for transfer after beer has fermented and possibly help with carbonation.

Have this already. Would only be looking at up to 10psi. Would use the co2 into keg and vent of through spunding valve on keg. This would purge the keg for transfer after beer has fermented and possibly help with carbonation.
In that case just do what you suggested but instead of the spunding valve just have a blow off tube. I remember it was hard to seal those fermenters with the sponge gasket. I think I used 2 rings smeared with Vaseline to get it to seal.

View attachment 118675

Woah Impressive! I recently got a blocked airlock fermenting a belgian quad with 3787 in a similar one. I luckily got to it before it completely popped. Based on the amount of gas and foam that came out when I pulled the airlock (under a bowl) I was guessing it was up to 20+ psi but no way to be sure.

Back