Fermenter Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter2468

Reaction score
I put a brew down a few weeks ago it was morgans Australian bitter and it never bubbled once in the air lock, I wasn't worryed I just assumed the fermenter had a leak. I bottled it and now i''m drinking it and it is all good. But now I have a mexican cervaza from Brew Craft in the same fermenter same temp, and 4 hours latter it is bubbling like crazy and has been for 5 days now. dose any one know why this is??

The tightness of the fermenter lid makes all the difference when making a good seal; every chance you've just tightened the lid more this time, or the rubber seal has settled into place correctly.

I put a brew down a few weeks ago it was morgans Australian bitter and it never bubbled once in the air lock, I wasn't worryed I just assumed the fermenter had a leak. I bottled it and now i''m drinking it and it is all good. But now I have a mexican cervaza from Brew Craft in the same fermenter same temp, and 4 hours latter it is bubbling like crazy and has been for 5 days now. dose any one know why this is??

Cats piss is more fermentable, maybe? :lol:

Seriously could be that the lid sealed better this time. You have some fresh yeast that really kicked off. You were holding your tongue out to the left when stirring. Could be any reason really. Nuthin to get ya knockers in a knot about.

Relax and enjoy a home brew.

Cats piss is more fermentable, maybe? :lol:

Seriously could be that the lid sealed better this time. You have some fresh yeast that really kicked off. You were holding your tongue out to the left when stirring. Could be any reason really. Nuthin to get ya knockers in a knot about.

Relax and enjoy a home brew.
Relax and enjoy a home brew, I can do!

With Glad wrap over the top the air lock will not confuse you ...

HAY...

:party:

it's been 8 days now and the OG was 1044 now it is down to 1000 nice and low. I'm going to bottle tomorrow, I have never had a FG this low before probably the enzyme I put in and it taste great maybe one of the best beers iv'e had!

Leave it for at least another 5 days, the dry enzyme can drop the FG below 1.000. Out of curiosity, how long has it been at 1.000?

Just today, yesterday it was 1001. I'm not 100% bottling tomrrow just an idea, in no rush.

would leave at least 4-5 days same gravity with dry emzyme and with the cold weather as it will ferment out heaps more and the cold weather will slow fermentation plus the extra time in fermenter will only benefit the beer

would leave at least 4-5 days same gravity with dry emzyme and with the cold weather as it will ferment out heaps more and the cold weather will slow fermentation plus the extra time in fermenter will only benefit the beer
I'm up in QLD it has been a stedy 18C, but I will take your and homebrewer79's advise and leave it another week.

:excl:
I'm in qld and have had
dry enzyme brews take 21 days and
still be overcarbed

Wish I'd read this thread before I gelatined & crash chilled my pure blonde clone tonight!

FG has been around 1.006 - 1.004 for the last 3 days, so I figured it was done (has been in the fermenter for over 24 days now), didn't realise that the dry enzyme would be so effective.

Starting to think that maybe I should pull the fermenter out of the fridge, leave it til the weekend and then crash chill... any thoughts?

There will still be some yeast in suspension so raising the temp wont hurt - or you could just prime it with less sugar when bottling.

Latest posts

Back