Fermenter plug key

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matchu

Reaction score
Hi All,

Every fermenter i get has a little plastic plug stuck in it where the tap screws in.

It takes me forever and some very creative uses of screwdrivers and pliers to unscrew them, and i've finally had enough.

What does everyone else use to get these things in and out easily? i don't have a screwdriver big enough to fit well, and nothing in my shed does the trick.

2015-07-28-10.34.57.jpg

i use the end of a ~10mm ring spanner

Fantastic!

thanks guys!

i knew there had to be some tool made for the job.

n87 - i tried all my spanners but they're all just slightly too thick and slip out when torqued, these plugs come very tight from the factory it seems!

Thanks-
Matt

I use the 'wing' bit of the tap handle , works a treat. never fails to remove or tighten firmly enough so no leaks

ring spanner works well for me also, like your idea about the tap handle bigandhairy

I use a large open ended spanner about 18mm..works for me

Like most simple problems, I ask someone on the internet.

michaeld16 said:
I use a knife out of the kitchen drawer then hide the bent and damaged knife from wife
Ha, you gotta get some better (stronger) cutlery. My cheap Ikea stuff is tough as.

had the tool and broke it, now use the handle of normal dinner knife, or the corner of an Allan key

Yes it is.
And here's a PIC of its closest friend, the paint stirrer.
01-paint-stirrer.jpg

:p

Latest posts

Back