Fermenter cleaning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I started off with a carboy fermenter, then upgraded to a ss chronical.
With these fermenters I stripped and cleaned them after kegging.

Now, I just completed my first ferment with an SS Unitank, there are so many bits and pieces (11 gaskets and 10 tc clamps) on this fermenter.

I'm just wondering if I need to completely strip it each time, or maybe just every other time.

I assume you mean do you need to take apart each ball joint each time? I just bought my first ss chronical and was wandering the same, will be a PITA if you do, from what I've read a lot of people only do this intermittently. I moved to the SS due to fermenting issues in plastic hence I'm hoping to avoid those with this but I guess if the tell take signs are there it will be a complete strip down then

For best practices strip it all down, clean and sanitise after every use. It’s really not that much extra effort if you have a warm bucket of pbw, soak tc parts, valve etc while your cleaning your fermenter. Quick dip in sanitiser for refitting then further sanitise when you do the vessel.

So much work, coopers three piece fermentor 50 brews later even with some scratches and new taps, loving it.

Latest posts

Back