Fermented Over The Mark

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro

Reaction score
Well i have had problems with stuck ferments ( the last 3 brews) so on my last brew (wheat beer) I ensured good yeast (wyyeast 3068) from a healthy starter the wort had 4 hours of airation and fermented at 20 degrees ( the ferment went crazy and after 4 days I got a gravity of .006 (starting was 1.052) this gives about 6% alchohol and no boddy right off the scale for style. can a beer be tamed with dilution abd malt extract after fermentation or maybe corn syrup for boddy. tasting from the fermenter I recon the alchol dominates the palate any Ideas Cheers Jethro :beerbang:

Corn syrup is for thickening up packet soups etc.

You could try some Lactose.

the 3068 has only 72-77% attenuation, wonder if you have an infection?

Jovial Monk

Hmm infection hey dont think ive ever had one of the before but then again I brew boils chill Drain/spashinto fermenter + airate inan outside pergola always worried about hygiene out there just rechecke my reading 1.06 alright anddoesent taste real flash (Ithink the alch is the main fault but) Gotta learn to tame down that grain bill
Cheers Jethro

Back