Fermentation time

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rakijaipivo

Reaction score
Hi All
I am a first time brewer and am using Coopers extract (draught/stout/ale and a morgans lager) I have 4 fermenters with one of those extracts in each.
I pitched each on 12/5 at about 23c and have managed to keep the temperature relatively stable at about 23-25 (until last night when I forgot to wrap them in blankets) even though Melbourne has been cold (especially over night)

Each fermenter has stopped bubbling (yesterday) and the gradient level on my hydrometer hasnt changed yesterday and today.

is it to early to bottle?

I am also concerned that the alcohol volume is quite low at around 2% - is that likely to increase if I leave it?

I forgot to add this - when i pitched the yeast (as mentioned it was 23c) however when it started to ferment the temp rose to about 27-28c after which time I shut down the belt heaters and allowed it to cool back down to 23

Going to give you 2 bits of advice
1/ if you are looking at the Potential alcohol scale on your hydrometer and its saying 2% go read this Help reading my Mangrove Jacks Hydrometer
2/ Go read this, How to Brew, at least the introduction to kit brewing and fermentation, put off the all grain sections till later.
Mark

No the ABV wont increase any discernible amount , 27-28c is about the upper limit and unlikely to affect it. You would have been better off starting with one brew at a time to get your process right before jumping into 4 at once.

Latest posts

Back