Fermentation stalled

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bretrob73

Reaction score
I've just put my first brew in a few years down using a brand new Morgans starter kit. It seemed to bubble along slowly but consistently for 2 days, and then stopped.
It's in my garage and I've tried to keep the temp constant, though it still gets cold at night. The temp doesn't seem to have dropped below 20 degrees however the brew seemed to stop on the second night.
I've purchased a heat wrap from the home brew shop and this had brought the temp up nicely, however the brew doesn't seem to be working again.
Any tips or clues as to what is happening?
Cheers.

The temp doesn't seem to have dropped below 20 degrees however the brew seemed to stop on the second night.
Not unusual for fermentation to complete in 2 days, especially if the temp hasn’t dropped below 20c. Have you taken a gravity reading?

Just to reassure you last ale started at 16 and then raised to 19 and after 3 days moved it back to the cool again to drop some of the yeast so that it could do final condition in the cask.
Beer can ferment really fast and kveik even faster.

Give it a swirl and see if that livens it up, an english bitter i pitched last friday was very active for 3 days and now slowed right down, SG dropped from 1.038 to 1.014 and is still slowly plugging away so i know itll finish on or close to expected FG.

Give it a swirl and see if that livens it up, an english bitter i pitched last friday was very active for 3 days and now slowed right down, SG dropped from 1.038 to 1.014 and is still slowly plugging away so i know itll finish on or close to expected FG.
I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Just to reassure you last ale started at 16 and then raised to 19 and after 3 days moved it back to the cool again to drop some of the yeast so that it could do final condition in the cask.
Beer can ferment really fast and kveik even faster.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back