Feral Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to them.

I hope the war hog doesn't change, that drink is ******* tasty.

Will the beer be the same?
Yes, there will be no change or our existing beers or the brewers behind them and we look forward to being more prolific than ever before when it comes to new releases

mmHmm.. time will tell.

It will be a substantial sum, and no matter what the previous owner has to say, he now has no say on how the business will be run, even though he is staying on, it will be now run by the purchasers.
Brendan has made a substantial sum of money and good luck to him, better to just walk away and let the future of Feral Brewing take its course.

This really sucks for those of us who buy only independent craft beer as I really like and regularly stock a few of their beers......
Money talks

This really sucks for those of us who buy only independent craft beer as I really like and regularly stock a few of their beers......
Money talks

Don't feel too bad then as apparently they still fulfil the criteria for independence according to the IBA.

not according to the grain store in newcastle they dont, they posted a pic of them removing the feral sign, they claim they only serve independent brews.

I'm sure the beer will stay exactly the same. They'll just "streamline" the malt bill to "extract greater economic efficiency by leveraging scale" and simplify the hop bill with a "clear focus on keeping the consumer at the centre of everything they do. "

I'm sure the beer will stay exactly the same. They'll just "streamline" the malt bill to "extract greater economic efficiency by leveraging scale" and simplify the hop bill with a "clear focus on keeping the consumer at the centre of everything they do. "

I think they will be pumping Feral beer out of the gigantic Casella brewery sooner rather than later.

Maybe we can learn from feral brewing not to sell your brewery, and stay independent as far as we can. I know that money is money, but independent isn't, so if we sell, formula is going to change as well...[emoji29][emoji45]

Hop Flog.

can't blame Brendan for cashing in his chips if the price was right, I mean ****, who wouldn't.

I doubt the beers are going to change in the short term, that would be madness, but no business in any industry is bought out in order to keep things the same. I guess now it's best to think of Feral as a brand, rather than a brewery.

Sad news.
I hope that isn't going to negatively impact Nail if they are still sharing the same brew equipment?

From Nails FB Page:

We have received a few messages regarding yesterday’s news of the acquisition of Feral Brewing by Coca-Cola Amatil so we thought we would answer that question here -

“So, what’s happening with Nail?”

Our 25% share of BrewCorp, the production brewery we share with Feral, was bought by Feral and therefore included in the acquisition. Nail remains owned and operated by John Stallwood. John has always wanted a brewpub and it’s something we will continue to work on. For now we will keep brewing our beers here at BrewCorp with the same passion, ingredients and quality as we have always aimed for.

We’d like to take this opportunity to say congratulations to Brendan, Gab and the whole Feral team on 15 years of hard work, friendship and industry changing beers and we looking forward of more of this to come!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can anyone explain why CCA spent many millions on building a huge brewery, Bluetooth, at Warnervale, then fairly quickly sold it to Fosters, who promptly shut it down, then CCA are now back for a second bite of the apple?

Latest posts

Back