February Meet - Sun 18th?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
> I've just put down a wet hop pale that I couldn't contain my excitement on.

Oh oh.. me too! Only a 10L batch. Have only just racked it, and am taking it very easy on it. Looking at the plant again this morning and I think I could probably harvest enough for another one sometime pretty soon (I left the small ones and a quite a few that were not yet developed).

IMG_0336.png
IMG_0341.png
IMG_0342.png
IMG_0356.png
IMG_0411.png

> I've just put down a wet hop pale that I couldn't contain my excitement on.

Oh oh.. me too! Only a 10L batch. Have only just racked it, and am taking it very easy on it. Looking at the plant again this morning and I think I could probably harvest enough for another one sometime pretty soon (I left the small ones and a quite a few that were not yet developed).

View attachment 111690 View attachment 111691 View attachment 111692 View attachment 111693 View attachment 111694
Nice!

My plants went bonkers, I've pulled 4kg from them so far with another kilo or so to go (I've got quite a few plants).

Ran out of freezer space so I'll have to make an IPA from the rest. Used a Kolsch yeast on my first real wet hopped brew, can't wait.

Oh wow. I only have the one cascade plant. First year. We rent, so probably not after any more hehe.

I got about 120g from the first harvest, but won’t get half that from another.

I have a 15m section at the back of the yard, and bunch of rhizomes/cuttings that I'll either give away or transplant into new positions. I've been told by the boss that I've been limited to the back fence only so I have to be selective in what I choose/grow [emoji15]

In terms of best variety, chinook seem to love my yard. I got 2kg just from 3 first year chinook alone.

I'm hoping a few of us get a good harvest next year and we can swap some varieties.

Hey @fungrel just saw your post that you had a bunch of rhizomes/cuttings, I've finally found a spot in my yard that would be perfect for trying a go at hops but having some trouble locating some.i am fairly new to all this but loving every bit of it! Is there any chance i could buy some from you? i live over in Sydneys west. any help would be great cheers

Latest posts

Back