Fcuking Hell

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrTbeer

Reaction score
Anyone know if it's true or not? Anyone tried the beer?

The European Union (EU) has granted permit to an Austrian brewery to use officially the controversial name of their beer: ******* Hell. It is a fully legitimate permit.

"Hell" in German means "Light" and the beer is produced in the Austrian town of *******.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*******,_Austria)

fh.png
fh2.png

read the wiki article, its funny, the bit about tourists stealing the ******* signs

In July 2009, it was announced that the village would be installing CCTV cameras in an attempt to deter summertime tourists from filming themselves having sexual intercourse in front of the ******* signs. A resident of the village said that installing cameras around the village may make tourists think twice and instead choose only to have a photograph taken in front of the sign.[16] Juergen Stoll, the operator of a guesthouse at Wank, close to the Austrian-German border, stated that the residents of ******* should be cashing in on its name, although Mayor Franz Meindl states: "We don't find it funny. We just want to be left alone. We don't harm anyone and just want to live in peace."[17]—and added that he would prefer not to see the village being featured in the press any more.[18] Meindl appears to have the opposite view to former Mayor Höppl, by proclaiming that residents wish their village to be left alone by tourists.[13]

:D :lol:

That ******* brewery could have an excellent range of brew names,beers such as Super ******* Dry,******* Original or ******* Bitter would do well in Aus.

Dave70 do you own that tray???? I collect beer trays that one is awesome

I wonder if they exported the ******* beer to NZ or Aus, if they would have to change the label? I suspect so.

It's great to be able to type "*******" so many times in a thread without swearing and being moderated. :lol:

tanukibrewer said:
Dave70 do you own that tray???? I collect beer trays that one is awesome
No.
But if they ever make a T shirt, I'll be all over it.

I have a great hook for their ad campaign.

"GET FUCKED!!"

I'm waiting for Wank to licence a Belgian brewery to brew a Wit for them.

wank.jpg

"A two litre growler of Wank to go, please"

Back