Father's Day plans?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheWiggman said:
I planned to win my hockey semi final and we pulled it off. Absolutely stoked, rose up from 3rd place on the ladder.
It was your keeper wasn't it?

Ex hockey, now futsal. Getting ready is certainly easier these days.

I didn't end up brewing, I'll do that later in the week when kids are at school and wife is at work. I'll make up for it by brewing a few batches haha.

T,was a great Father's Day .
Got a hand written ( scribbled) card from my Grand Daughter and a huge hug,got to cuddle my newest Grand Daughter who is 3 weeks old before she started squawking for the boob.
Was given a selection of beers, Coopers,Matsos,and Prancing Pony.
Did some veggie gardening then the weather turned to shit so it was into the shed,stoke the pot belly fire ,plug in the Ipad and listen to some brewing podcasts all while comfortably seated with a bucket as a foot rest and some bloody good beers.
Got a nice buzz going had a Lamb roast for dinner.....so what's going on in the world ? Pfft,don't bloody care.

Ducatiboy stu said:
OT... but I reckon one of your drawings would make an awsome tattoo
I do have part of one of them inked on my left inner forearm and I drew a beautiful giant scarab on the beach of big Lagoon at the bay of fires for my lady's 40th birthday present. She now has a permanent version she carries with her.

Been asked by a few people but for some reason (my end), it never seems to happen.

I was in the shed with my brand new 4 ring gas burner. I filled up a modified keg with 40 litres of water and fired it up at maximum capacity. Measured temp every 10 minutes and roughly charted rate of temp rise. (Strike at ~40min, boil at ~90min from an ambient of 17c with some minor interruptions and modifications. Should be able to bring that down.)

2 mates came over, drooled over the burner, played "Guess the temp" at each interval, helped make modifications, wind breaks etc and stayed for the whole operation - real brewers.

2 other mates arrive.

"Are you brewing?" No.

"Are you making moonshine?" No; I'm boiling a big pot of water and measuring the temp. Just standing around, drinking beer, listening to country music and watching something most people would feel is on par with watching paint dry. They left for the next shed to watch some footy - not real brewers in my opinion.

Oh, that's right - it was Fathers Day. Went to the local Billy Cart races in the a.m. where the wife was volunteering on the CWA stand all day. Hung with the kids for a bit before the lure of their gang of mates saw them disperse - with my complete blessing. Scored a new angle grinder too - will be handy for the burner stand and keggle mods.

Did a bit in the garden Sunday morning went out to lunch with my wife and daughters went around to me Da's late in the arvo and watched his latest download, 'Southpaw' with him surprisingly good copy and movie got to be one of the best actors around that Jake Gyllenhaal.

As a Pom I don't really observe Father's Day, didn't know it existed until fairly recently. However it's nice to chat with the laddies who live in QLD and who ring me up.

In the UK we had Mothering Sunday which was the equivalent of Mothers' day but nowt for dads. I believe Mothers' day was an invention of a greetings card company.

ed: but I did raise a glass to me old Dad who died 30 years ago from leukemia that was a result of flying through mushroom clouds gathering samples when he was seconded to the American air force after WW2. Ah the good old days.

Lincoln2 said:
I was in the shed with my brand new 4 ring gas burner. I filled up a modified keg with 40 litres of water and fired it up at maximum capacity. Measured temp every 10 minutes and roughly charted rate of temp rise. (Strike at ~40min, boil at ~90min from an ambient of 17c with some minor interruptions and modifications. Should be able to bring that down.)2 mates came over, drooled over the burner, played "Guess the temp" at each interval, helped make modifications, wind breaks etc and stayed for the whole operation - real brewers.2 other mates arrive."Are you brewing?" No."Are you making moonshine?" No; I'm boiling a big pot of water and measuring the temp. Just standing around, drinking beer, listening to country music and watching something most people would feel is on par with watching paint dry. They left for the next shed to watch some footy - not real brewers in my opinion.Oh, that's right - it was Fathers Day. Went to the local Billy Cart races in the a.m. where the wife was volunteering on the CWA stand all day. Hung with the kids for a bit before the lure of their gang of mates saw them disperse - with my complete blessing. Scored a new angle grinder too - will be handy for the burner stand and keggle mods.
Umm , yep watching a keggle boil while listening to country music.

Rolling rolling rolling,watch the boil a rolling ,more beer ! Yeeeee haaa.

Sorry couldn't resist ;).

Bacon bagel in bed while opening quality gifts from the kid's school Father's Day stall. Bought some beers. Drank said beers while preparing a beef roast with Yorkshire Puddings for lunch. Boardgames with the family. Fine day all round.

Breakfast (omelette) on the couch while watching the golf.
Coffee on the couch while watching Offsiders.
Lopped some limbs off a backyard tree.
Lunch at the pub in Bungendore.
Saw steam train at the station at Bungendore.
Beer and a yarn with neighbour after returning from the pub (his chooks provided the omelette eggs and also take care of my spent grain).
Watched Demons (on delay) win while drinking beers on the couch.

Ticked some pretty big boxes: golf, beer, footy, beer, pub, chopping stuff down, steam train, beer, omelette
Huge credit to wife and kids for their efforts.

med_gallery_30557_1283_1153244.jpg

I got a 4 pack of Torpedo cans delivered by my 2 year old with a hand scribbled card to go with it.
Followed by a bacon & egg brekky.

Then headed to my old mans house for a bbq lunch with a few of my beers to try which were well received.
He pulled out a nice shiraz that I had given him 6 years ago for fathers day which was beautiful.

Watched the Sharks blow a top 4 finish and then home for more beer.

Great day !

spog said:
Umm , yep watching a keggle boil while listening to country music.
Rolling rolling rolling,watch the boil a rolling ,more beer ! Yeeeee haaa.
Sorry couldn't resist ;).

Why do you think I like my weber so much? It's a good 40 mins for the heat beads to get warm. 3 beers right there. Then once the food goes in you need to check the temp every now and then, another beer or 2 haha

3 beers in 40 mins while attended to a manly task such as monitoring a Weber! You wuss. ;)

Back