Fast fermentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev

Reaction score
As a newbie to home brewing, my first brew stopped bubbling after 2 days. I used a blow off for the first day, and after that, it slowed very quickly. Any ideas why? Was it a temp thing? And will it be ok? I am using a 5ltr glass Carboy. hanks. Kevin

Ales I have had ales nigh on finished by day 3, you will have to take a reading to see where you are at.

Yep I put down a kit and bit less than 2 days ago. No bubbles today, although that doesn't mean it's stopped fermenting by any means.
Did a quick gravity reading and it's dropped from 1.050 to 1.020 already.

So @Kev just check the gravity see if it's still dropping - or as you're only doing 5l just wait a few days :)

Yep I put down a kit and bit less than 2 days ago. No bubbles today, although that doesn't mean it's stopped fermenting by any means.
Did a quick gravity reading and it's dropped from 1.050 to 1.020 already.

So @Kev just check the gravity see if it's still dropping - or as you're only doing 5l just wait a few days :)
Thanks. I will do a gravity test and see where I am up to. But I do think it was too hot when I put in the yeast. I struggled to get the temp down using cold water in the sink. I am not expecting this to be a good brew, nor the next few for that matter. But I guess that's how you learn. Thanks for your reply.

As a newbie to home brewing, my first brew stopped bubbling after 2 days. I used a blow off for the first day, and after that, it slowed very quickly. Any ideas why? Was it a temp thing? And will it be ok? I am using a 5ltr glass Carboy. hanks. Kevin
,,,put it in a fridge with a temperature controller on 22 degrees for 7 days we have 4 fridges 2 for fermenting and 2 for cooling dispensing and gassing kegs

Attachments

• IMG_3479.JPG
    IMG_3479.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3482.JPG
    IMG_3482.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 124
Thanks for that. It is definitely something I need to look at. I do have a cool space under the house. But summer in Queensland is hot everywhere. Thanks again.

Thanks for that. It is definitely something I need to look at. I do have a cool space under the house. But summer in Queensland is hot everywhere. Thanks again.
Definitely a fridge or 2 up in QLD are mandatory I'd say.
I got 2 off gumtree
A fridge freezer for free - working lovely still after 2 years and a $50 mini fridge that I use as a kegerator that's struggling a bit these days
Both using cheap STC1000 controllers.
Small investment for controlled ferment and serve temps :)

Definitely a fridge or 2 up in QLD are mandatory I'd say.
I got 2 off gumtree
A fridge freezer for free - working lovely still after 2 years and a $50 mini fridge that I use as a kegerator that's struggling a bit these days
Both using cheap STC1000 controllers.
Small investment for controlled ferment and serve temps :)
I know it's a bit off topic but has anyone tried kviek yeast. Now that is fast!

Never managed to get it yet.
When I think I'd like to give it a go it always seems to be out of stock.
It is hard to get, I got mine through hoppy days, he got 4 vials in and it sold out in an hour.

Kviek is a monster, starts quick, I made a starter a while ago and I saw action within 7 minutes, no stir plate either
Cheers

Latest posts

Back