"Fast Eddie" Clarke Of Motorhead is gone...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinOC

Insert something suitably witty here
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ke-motorhead-guitarist-rock-n-roll-revivalist

'Saw them live on the first venue of the "No sleep 'til Hammersmith" album tour (West Runton Pavillion) in March '81. My first ever live gig....:cool:

The "Bomber" lighting rig hanging just feet above our heads & the PHENOMENAL volume was like...

**** ME!

I love their music, 'though I still have to crank-up the volume knob as far as my system will allow to actually "get" the feeling of what they did back then, when I had just turned 16...

RIP

You have to crank it up cos you’re old and your hearing’s gone.

RIP Eddie

Dave70 must be gutted by this sad news.
My eldest likes Motörhead so he to will be pissed

Now all I need is the members Black Sabbath to begin falling of the perch..

You just don't get this level of professionalism from musicians nowadays.

Give it time.....

That level of "Professionalism" is what I loved about the boys. Met them a couple of times & they were always totally smashed (often before a gig) , but always amenable, approachable, up for a chat & loved their fans. They were just LIKE their fans, only on the other side of the stage.

How many "big" artists do you get these days that will be in the audience & having a beer with everyone else, whilst their support acts are on stage?

Back