Farmhouse Ale Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humulus

Reaction score
O.k heres the story,ive got Tonys saison fermenting away with Wyeast Farmhouse ale O.G. was 1044,after 6days at 27dg its down to 1011 been steady for about 2days,do i give it a few more days? Or rack it off? It tastes bloody beautiful out of the hydro tube!
Number two does anyone reuse this yeast,or is it like the belgian wit yeast,loose all its yeasty phenolics,top taste and aroma thats what happened with my last wit!
I split the Farmhouse into 30ml vials so still have 3 left(make them into a 2l starter)
Cheers in advance :icon_cheers:

Great yeast. I've used it a number of times and it goes down to about 1010-1012.

You can reuse it, in fact the first strain I got was recultured from a brew I got from a mate and I managed another 4 or 5 slurries out of it before I lost it. If you reculture to a slant it should be fine for a long time.

O.k heres the story,ive got Tonys saison fermenting away with Wyeast Farmhouse ale O.G. was 1044,after 6days at 27dg its down to 1011 been steady for about 2days,do i give it a few more days? Or rack it off? It tastes bloody beautiful out of the hydro tube!
Number two does anyone reuse this yeast,or is it like the belgian wit yeast,loose all its yeasty phenolics,top taste and aroma thats what happened with my last wit!
I split the Farmhouse into 30ml vials so still have 3 left(make them into a 2l starter)
Cheers in advance :icon_cheers:

Great yeast. I've used it a number of times and it goes down to about 1010-1012.

You can reuse it, in fact the first strain I got was recultured from a brew I got from a mate and I managed another 4 or 5 slurries out of it before I lost it. If you reculture to a slant it should be fine for a long time.

Yep, a good yeast for repitching - it has got down to 1.008/1.006 for me on occassions - usually done its work in 8 days.

Yep, a good yeast for repitching - it has got down to 1.008/1.006 for me on occassions - usually done its work in 8 days.
Cheers fellas will check gravity and rack off tomorrow!

Back