Fad - Reasonable Bar In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 384

Reaction score
Went to FAD last night, near the top of Waymouth St in the CBD. Very small bar and it doesn't look like much, but they do have Little Creatures Pale Ale and Pilsner on tap. They have a few other bottled beers from smaller Aussie breweries. They bar tender said they would soon have Mountain Goat Hightail Ale on tap.

I even heard the bar tender describe the bitterness of LCPA in terms of IBU's and used PU as the reference point.

It's small but worth supporting if they're going to offer an alternative to the bog standard beer lines.

Cheers
MAH

Mrs wee stu and the sprog are both away for an extended weekend, so I've had time to both brew and play a little.
Finally got around to visiting The Bar on Gouger St. Wont judge it on atmosphere 'cos 4pm on a Saturday would be a dead time for most pubs in the area.
They used to claim to have the most extensive range of bottled beer in Adelaide (or was that the most expensive range? :D ) and it certainly is impressive - not sure if the Wheatsheaf might challenge them now. Sadly MAH, they could do with some work on their British renge.
They have a Century club which qualifies you for 10% discount on all beers, and your name on a plaque once you have worked your way through 100 different beers, there's no time limit to acieving the ton.
I've still got 98 to go after having an 1837 from the Quebec brewers Unibroue and a Belhaven Wee Heavy. The 1837 was wonderful - a blend of raw wheat and malted barley in th grist, pale gold, very refreshing in the Belgian style.
I hate to say it - but the Wee Heavy was too much for this wee Scot! Only 6.5% but it tastes like more - but it was the smoke and peatiness of the beer which did me in. Jazman, I suspect would love it, a Scottish Rauchbier no less. All I could take after it was a glass of water!
Anyway, what really got me going was that they are developing a brand new bottle shop attached to the bar, where all the beers will be available for off sales. I may never make the plaque on the wall in the bar, but I suspect the credit card is going to get a hefty workout in the bottle shop.
awrabest for now, lang may yir lums reek, stu :beer:

well i have had the belhaven wee heavy and a very nice beer but my weird palate and i could not taste the smokiness and my rauch beers @ 15 % rauch malt and times i wish i used like 20 t0 30 %

Popped in for a beer on Saturday evening around 11ish.
It's a fairly laid back bar with comfy couches out the back. The LCPA tasted excellent after 5 hours of drinking Cooper's Pale and Sparkling :chug:
And there was plenty of eye candy as well ;)

I'll definately be going back, not with Mrs Arab though <_<

C&B
TDA

Back