• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

F/s Homemaker 40 Bottle Wine Fridge-melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doon

Reaction score
40 bottle wine fridge. I bought it to use as a second fermentation fridge but dont brew that much so havent used it.

$70 will put pics up later

Can this comfortably fit a 30L fermenter? I assume no STC-1000 is required for this kind of fridge.

Nah they dont fit normal round fermenters because of the little hump at the back would need jerry style

Just checked it would but you would need to put something in front part to be same level as hump

its not like an actual fridge either. These things just cool down from ambient i am pretty sure but have a selectable temp range around of 12-18

fridge1.jpg

fridge2.jpg

i have all the wire shelving so it looks like some would level off that gap at front

Thanks mate, I'll keep it in mind if you've still got it on the market in a week or two. I think a proper fridge might be best, though I think the temp range of your little unit would probably suit me very well too.

Do you have everything needed to use it as wine fridge? does it still work as designed? what suburb is it in?

cheers

This has been sold. Sorry i didnt update thread sooner

These are proper fridges, you can tell from the compressor hump.

The other sort are piezo electric, which can only reduce the temperature so far from ambient.

I have one of these from aldi, and it does 7-18 degrees. I use an STC1000 for higher temperatures, and if I want lower temperatures, I'd have to bypass the fridges temperature controller.

Latest posts

Back