F*ck you Woolworths

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the same in all country's at the moment name a country with a strong leader

This is where we are going to have to be smarter when a decent leader comes along...instead of basing our responses and votes along self interested, personal biases and party politcal lines, we're gonna have to align with what is best for the country and its people alone. I believe that at some stage reasonably soon, there will be a decent candidate to lead this country..and we will only get one shot at getting it right. Don't buy into the online and talking hjead TV rabble rousing, opinionated garbage that passes for news these days....and most of us a fairly adept at being able to discern bullshit from integrity and competency. That alone is going to have to be the line which is drawn when the time comes.

As mentioned its going to be interesting, maybe, to see what Amazon does to it all. The duopolies will be under threat then too. We think they are nasty to Aussie suppliers now wait till then. The idea Amazon can deliver to your door in as little as an hour. so considering the apathetic direction of over all people in general you can stay sitting on your arse to go shopping rather than go to the shops at all.
Forecasts could potentially put 80% retail stores out of bussiness. The mega Amazon storage factories will be mostly robotic with just a shoestring of employees.
I don't really know what purposes/jobs for people there will be left to earn money to be consumers?
Everything we do is to advance technology and robotics that puts us more and more out of work. :confused:

This is a pretty real scenario. Woolies, coles and Harvey Norman have a nerve decrying the foreign influence when you look at how they’ve fucked people over too eh. On one hand amazon means great competition and hopefully the consumer wins but the little blokes get fucked proper again. The dairy collectives might have been into something? I don’t have any ideas but, anyone...?

you can see which BIG company's have bought the best space by the volume of stock in that area.....
2ce0wsw.jpg
and Train Drivers always get picked on they have to work with in some cases equipment that is beyond its life and the member's of public that think it's great to walk or drive in front of..and people who sit in air conditioned office telling them how to run there train..
not to mention the ongoing stresses every time they clean up a jumper.

This is where we are going to have to be smarter when a decent leader comes along...instead of basing our responses and votes along self interested, personal biases and party politcal lines, we're gonna have to align with what is best for the country and its people alone. I believe that at some stage reasonably soon, there will be a decent candidate to lead this country..and we will only get one shot at getting it right. Don't buy into the online and talking hjead TV rabble rousing, opinionated garbage that passes for news these days....and most of us a fairly adept at being able to discern bullshit from integrity and competency. That alone is going to have to be the line which is drawn when the time comes.

Ya think?

If you want to stick it to Coleworths use Aussie Farmers Direct.
Costs a tad more but all Australian products, they don't screw the producers and none of that Home Brand shit.
What they don't have you can usually get from IGA.

For me it starts with refusing to buy Coleworths branded stuff, and refusing to use the self serve checkouts which cost so many jobs. IOf you had a million or so people doing just these little things, they may start taking notice.

For me it starts with refusing to buy Coleworths branded stuff, and refusing to use the self serve checkouts which cost so many jobs. IOf you had a million or so people doing just these little things, they may start taking notice.

The fucks make it hard with the small number of other checkouts they have open.

Remember back when self-serve petrol pumps started popping up? Or maybe not - it was in the 70's, and half the world's population weren't even a gleam in their father's eye then.

Anyway, I digress.To get folk to use them, they offered self-served fuel at a discount. Hey, that was a bit of orright while it lasted. Then they did away altogether with the gas pumpers, and removed the discount.

With the self-serve checkouts today, they've not even bothered with the discount strategy, and I worry that a lot of young people soon won't even have the opportunity to have a job being a "checkout chick" or the male equivalent.

i was a check-out chick for a bit in high school and it ******* killed me. i used to hate fridays because it meant i had to work on sunday. the most boring monotonous job you could think of, combined with it being retail so you have to listen to customers complaining about god knows what
without a doubt the worst job i have ever had - nothing could come close.

All i'm saying is that depriving school kids of being a check-out chick really isn't that bad. Who knows what will happen in the future - sure a lot of jobs will go away, but there will be new jobs that come around as well.

We're lucky in australia that we are already very service based. Still need someone to develop & maintain/the machines/software/IT environments afterall, we're hopefully in a good position to do that well.

Develop & maintain/the machines/software/IT they have computers that can do that .

Universal basic income is the way of the future anyway. How are you going to re skill a train driver in his fifty's after his train becomes autonomous? Train drivers gotta eat to.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/i...s/news-story/7ae91901c856ca697ed6b30e18cbba00
The first country to master true artificial intelligence will control the planet, then.....the machines will find their makers superfluous/redundant/dangerous and destroy us all. Only a matter of time if we're not careful, and we're not being careful. Universal income, because of more widespread automation, will only lull us into a false sense of security while the rug's pulled out from under humanity. Sounds paranoid but it's already happening and accelerating exponentially.

Remember back when self-serve petrol pumps started popping up?

Yep, it was around the same time the BP Zoom bowsers started disappearing.
It was so handy being able to pull up on the Vespa, dial up the 25:1 mixture, fill ya tank and tear off.......well, putt off down the road.

Latest posts

Back