F*ck you Woolworths

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not even really about the shareholders, they also take a backseat, along with the employees, and the customers.
What it's really about is for the upper echelon of management to meet their performance bonus targets, to ensure they keep their unearned multi-million dollar incentives and share options each year.
So, to sum it up, it's about greed by the top dogs in the organisation.
Wollworthless are not alone. It's the way of the majority of larger businesses these days. No honour amongst thieves.

Last edited:
I have been working at Don (don is good) at castlemaine in victoria for over a year and they have lost huge contracts to primo because they cant even produce the product at the price primo is offerring. This is despite taste tests showing the don product is superior according to management. 3 and a half days work per week is pretty normal at don now which suits me but i would hate to be supporting a young family on that.

So fk you coles and woolies while firms forget about quality and have a race to the bottom.

Woolworths are increasingly going to their " own brand'..have been for years

At least I can still buy Wallaby flour in Coles for $11/5kg bag :)

I have been working at Don (don is good) at castlemaine in victoria for over a year and they have lost huge contracts to primo because they cant even produce the product at the price primo is offerring. This is despite taste tests showing the don product is superior according to management. 3 and a half days work per week is pretty normal at don now which suits me but i would hate to be supporting a young family on that.

So fk you coles and woolies while firms forget about quality and have a race to the bottom.

Woolies own Primo

Woolies own Primo
No. Maybe i should have worded it differently

Don has lost an 80 tonne per week contract with woolies in smallgoods about 6 months ago. To put that in context a days work is about 80 tonnes. They also have lost 100 tonne per week of bacon per week to coles in the last few weeks.

So the obvious response is to use lower quality ingredients or to cut worker hours. I suppose you could just say it is offset with primo workers getting more hours.

They ( Woolies/Primo ) took over the abattoir at Scone some years back,...fucked everyone over, bought in cheap OS labour..etc...etc

Last edited:
Step back and take some deep breaths stu, I use the Wallaby flour, but if thy are replacing it with something better or equivalent to, its no big deal. They have to recuperate losses made from the Masters fiasco, just wait and see.

Not sure I gots the feels for them based on their Masters fuckup, That was an idiotic idea from the get go.

Step back and take some deep breaths stu, I use the Wallaby flour, but if thy are replacing it with something better or equivalent to, its no big deal. They have to recuperate losses made from the Masters fiasco, just wait and see.

Not panicking... My local Coles still has the Laucke flours I need :)

Ironically I havent been in Wollies for over a year

Now...How do we get Aldi to sell Wallaby flour....

The race to the bottom is the key...and when they get there, is anyone going to be left to buy their fully imported, generic branded crap which will go up in price once all non-house brands have been driven off the shelevs.....so whats to stop people going back to barter basics where possible?

Not panicking... My local Coles still has the Laucke flours I need :)

Ironically I havent been in Wollies for over a year

Now...How do we get Aldi to sell Wallaby flour....
Get Wallaby to call it Weizen Mehl, click your heels and hold your right index finger under your nose
Not sure I gots the feels for them based on their Masters fuckup, That was an idiotic idea from the get go.
If your going to try to sink the opposition, be SURE you have the opponents measure.

Amazon sell virtually everything going to be interesting to see what they do to the locals who think they can do what ever they like.

Or try to match a well establish brand in prime locations in a market that could not support it....

And sausages sanga's....they got that wrong
Well most stores were opened close to the opposition, so you could have cracked it with the sausages.
I can forgive Woolies a lot cos I get my meat at 50% off the day before the use by date, so virtually at cost.

Back