Extreme Bubble Eruption When Bottling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjornwiser

Reaction score
Ok Just started bottling my Coopers Cerveza and I'm adding some dextrose instead of coopers drops as suggested by my LHBS guy as it is supposed to give a more refined bubble. Massive bubble eruption in first bottle, ok maybe it has a bit of crud in the bottom and it was a bit shaken up, second bottle the same.

Is this all good, I've only ever used the coopers drops or white sugar at the very start and never had this happen so extreme. Is this normal and is it ok to continue? I don't really want to have exploding bottles going off in my brew cupboard or fridge.

Any recommendations or calm down you're just a noobie"" comments?

Cheers and have a great Christmas everyone :beerbang:

Ok Just started bottling my Coopers Cerveza and I'm adding some dextrose instead of coopers drops as suggested by my LHBS guy as it is supposed to give a more refined bubble. Massive bubble eruption in first bottle, ok maybe it has a bit of crud in the bottom and it was a bit shaken up, second bottle the same.

Is this all good, I've only ever used the coopers drops or white sugar at the very start and never had this happen so extreme. Is this normal and is it ok to continue? I don't really want to have exploding bottles going off in my brew cupboard or fridge.

Any recommendations or calm down you're just a noobie"" comments?

Cheers and have a great Christmas everyone :beerbang:

many people choose to bulk prime their batches to avoid this type of thing, the good... the only good thing about carb drops is that they provide SFA nuculation points when racking onto... many people, myself included choose to bulk prime.. this for me was the winner, I also cold condition so the method kind of marries itself to the process.

info

HERE

HERE

AND HERE

I never did just add powder to a bottle so I cant help from my own experience, gut feel says cap the bitches and have a look at adjusting your method to solve this situation.

Have a look into cold conditioning and racking to bulk prime... results are fantastic... and a never ending slope ;)

next, refractometer and a few more pumps :icon_cheers:

Thanks for that, I'll definitely look at those links.

I did indeed end up capping "the bitches" :p really damn quick.

Every time I brew a batch it seems I do something extra to make it better or make the process better. I love it :)

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back