Extract Recipes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko

Reaction score
im looking at brewing a couple of dark beers, can anyone suggest some extract recipes:

Looking at doing an Irish Red and an Old style dark beer, not too thick though, however not lacking body :p

Any experiences and methods would also be appreciated.

ask gmk(ken) he the extract recipe master

nicko said:
im looking at brewing a couple of dark beers, can anyone suggest some extract recipes:

Looking at doing an Irish Red and an Old style dark beer, not too thick though, however not lacking body :p

Any experiences and methods would also be appreciated.
Nicko,

Tell me what sort or style you want to make.
Porter, old, scotish, stout..etc.
Also, do you partial mash, all extract or do you want to use a can of stuff as well.

Do you want it mellow or roasty?

Let me know and i will post you a recipee that should give you some ideas to start from.

Hey Ken,

Hard to describe, but im willling to experiment.

First, id like to do an irish red style beer, with a really strong malty flavour, ie like the ESB irish red frest wort kit.

Second, an old black ale, with a mellow taste, moderate body, not too chocolatey in taste...

I want to make it just extract, as i dont really know how to do any mashing type brews, ill take this as my next step up from kits.

Cheers Ken!

PS. Still havnt gotten around to putting the taps in, i need to get thinner beer line.

Back