Express Post Fail Perishables

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrTbeer

Reaction score
I had some Ale Malt and Galena hops express posted to me on 2/12/11.
I was unable to check the tracking info as it turns out I was given the wrong tracking number.
Now that I have the right tracking number it says 'Delivered 6/12/11' BUT I still don't have parcel or even a reminder that i have a parcel (as my local PO sometimes do).
So I'm guessing that my hops have been in an AusPost office for 9 days and it's been hot and humid.

Will the hops be usable?
Will the grain be usable?
Anyone had success claiming against AusPost?

yes
yes
no

The hops and grain should be ok. Probably wouldn't want them sitting there for weeks on end though. You're planning to use them soon?

I've never made a claim against auspost.

What date did the post tracking say it left? It doesn't but sender shows 2/12/11 from WA.
What date did it say delivered? Says 6/12/11
Have you called your local PO? No but will during business hours tomorrow.
Was the address 100% correct? Yes.

Basically if it says it was delivered, it would have been left by the parcel contractors (is the mailbox secure? if it was left anywhere but the mail box it must have a card left saying where it was left on the property), if it was past a day the postage will be refundable at least (unless you are out of area)

Normally if they can't fit it in locakable box they leave a card. I work from home so I normally meet them.

I'm an employee who deals with the contractors, I can have a look at some more detailed lodgment info etc when I'm at work if you would like also. (PM me the tracking number if you wish)
Thanks PM sent, will sort with local PO but concerned that hops will be cheesy.

We do often have some issues with the contractors and delivering to Aust post standards, it's where the company gets let down the most from my point of view. That said there are some great ones, but is not always the case.

Failing anything else, lodge a complaint with your nearest depot. You will generally get some response on how things are, and the contractor who delivered it will be questioned.
[/quote]

From what I have read, hops lose the AA % as they are left out, but a few days shouldnt be an issue. Most stuff I get from my HBS by mail is sealed so it shouldnt cause any massive concern.

That said, if the delivery was late, at least hit up AP for postage. If you claim its a perishable you may get further

Back