Expert help needed, no idea what's happened to my CO2.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvern

Reaction score
Have had my kegs going for about three months. Have disconnected and reconnected the regulator from the CO2 bottle a number of times without any problems.

I have a Tesuco dual outlet regulator. The other day I disconnected one of the kegs (empty) and turned the gas back on for the other keg (still connected) and I could hear the CO2 rushing out between the CO2 bottle and the Regulator connection. On closer inspection, I can't understand how it could possibly have been sealing previously.

Here's the end of the reg with the end of the CO2 bottle. Is this really supposed to be metal on metal contact?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5kypt8fmeaeypt/IMG_20130212_182658.jpg

I can hear and feel the CO2 rushing out when connected, there's no seal whatsoever. Can anyone tell me what on earth is going on? Could part of the regulator become stuck against the CO2 and been pulled through? Has anyone got a photo of their CO2 cylinder/reg that I can look at?

Thanks muchly :)

You need a seal mate i use the seal that usally goes under the post on a post mix keg
Little yellow donut
I removed that plastic washer as it was cracked
Put this in its place

Easy, on the bottle valve you can see an allen key hole, this is a non return valve of sorts, just screw it in further or take it out completely, looks like when you last had it refilled it wasn't screwed in far enough and it's stopping your regulator from being tightened far enough to create a seal. These are removed when the bottle is being refilled and then they are replaced.

That's what I thought, but how on earth was this even working for the last three months!?

AndrewQLD said:
Easy, on the bottle valve you can see an allen key hole, this is a non return valve of sorts, just screw it in further or take it out completely, looks like when you last had it refilled it wasn't screwed in far enough and it's stopping your regulator from being tightened far enough to create a seal. These are removed when the bottle is being refilled and then they are replaced.
Spot on.
I just unscrewed my reg off the bottle & the valve in the bottle is screwed right in.
I'd be having words to the re-filler.

It's probably just worked it's way out, all the Keg king bottles have them for some reason and they are pretty loose.

AndrewQLD said:
Brilliant! Thanks so much, this fixed it instantly! Thought it was very odd, must have got stuck and unscrewed with the removal of the regulator at some point. You're a champ!

Back