European Faucets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A3k

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm going to be upgrading my kegorator setup. I'm looking at buying from chicompany and am tossing up between the Perlick taps and the European Faucet that can be found here.

So I'm going to be getting 4-6 perlick or european faucets.

Does anyone have any experience with these taps. I've heard of some cheap Chinese knockoffs that are more hassel than they're worth, and I don't know if these are good quality or not.

Cheers,

Alan

no experience with the euro taps - but good experience with Chicompany. As far as taps go, you wont get much better than the forward sealing perlicks (525 stainless). They are awesome and its nearly impossible to get anything clogged in them.

Chi Company are good.

And Perlick taps are awesome, but they are NOT flow controller taps.

FWIW, i've bought a lot of perlick's from Farmhouse Brewing Supply

imo it is hard to beat flow control taps.... hrrrmmm say 6 perlicks with 20+ meters of gas and beer lines to jiggle around and wade through. It'll be hard for me to choose any other tap now when I use about 500cm beer line per keg.

Those Euro taps say "Chrome w/ Stainless Lever" v Perlicks being all stainless for wear and tear.
But flow control does look a tempter.

It can be expensive to source an alternative solution once you multiply it by 4-6 taps.

I just wade through the beer line spaghetti for now with Perlicks.

These are nice but at $60 x 4, beyond what I can justify paying for convenience for now:
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4253

I have some of the euro style 'Dorado' chinese flow control taps, and I've had a pretty good experience with them. I love the flow control and it works like a dream. The taps are cheap and if cleaned regularly, they gave me no hassle. Other's, I understand, haven't had the same experience, but mine has been positive.

I also understand that the new versions have stainless internal parts, although you might want to check that. You can give Pinnacle a call and they'll let you know.

Taps are $50 posted BTW.

have ordered 3 perlick 525's from farmhouse brewing for $107 delivered and should be here in the next couple of days so will report back when they arrive,was tossing up on those euro style with flow controller's but went for the better name so only time will tell

have ordered 3 perlick 525's from farmhouse brewing for $107 delivered and should be here in the next couple of days so will report back when they arrive,was tossing up on those euro style with flow controller's but went for the better name so only time will tell

Wow! $107, ok, can't argue with that. Didn't realise they were that cheap!

felt guilty not buying from craftbrewer or grain & grape but have spent about $3000 with them in the last 6 months so thought it was time to save some cash,can't wait for my taps to turn up :chug:

Thanks for the replies guys, and sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately Im still torn, but think Ill go for the perlicks. Ive been looking at compensator faucets from all around the world, including all stainless ones, but my main concern is the complexity of them.
I do like the sounds of the perlicks, because Ill have four taps that will probably only get used on weekends, so I dont want gunk buildup etc.

On top of this, the taps will be under a veranda, so theyll get a little bit of weather to them.

I did read the reviews of the perlicks on the Northern Brewer website which did concern me though (link if anyones interested, or wants to put their opinions accross).

The other thing about the European ones is the shanks. I dont want to get one with a small unique shank. Itll be fine for now as Im mounting it on the side of the shed, but if Id like the flexibility to later place it on a fridge or a font without too much hassle.

But the European ones are so cool.

I guess Ill just have to deal with 3m of beer line per perlick.

grrr

thanks again,
Alan

I've been kegging for several years. Originally I bought standard taps. I found the taps would stick closed if not used regularly. I also didn't like the chromed brass and found it discolouring after a while. After about a year I swapped to Ventmatic taps and I understand the Perlicks are almost identical to the Ventmatics (Ventmatic were what most people bought before they went out of business). The forward sealing taps are much better than standard taps, particularly for someone who doesn't serve beer everyday, and if you have multiple taps, one tap might not get opened for weeks. For me the forward sealing taps are exactly what I needed.

I've never had much problem with flow control. I did try the in-line devices but they were more hassle than a benefit. For me it was simply having the correct diameter beer line and correct length to balance the system. Secondly good layout inside your fridge or freezer overcomes most of the issues with beer line spaghetti. Coil your lines and fasten them to the fridge door/freezer lid with enough free beer line to reach your kegs and you will have no more beer line spaghetti than someone with flow control taps. I use silicone tubing for my beer line which is nice and flexible and reduces many of the beer line hassles.

So basically, for someone who has multiple taps and is not an everyday drinker, I think the benefits of forward sealing, i.e. no sticking taps, outweighs the benefits of flow control.

Cheers
MAH

Awesome,
Thanks for that MAH. Thats just cemented my decision toward the perlicks. Its exactly the info I needed.
I too had tried the inline flow restrictors, and went back to the long line Ive had the swing tap for ages and have been swapping from keg to keg, so I cant wait to have it all sorted.

Whered you get the silicone beerline from? Is it okay compatible with the john guest?

Im aiming to get the smalles ID hose possible to reduce the required length.

Thanks again,
Al

Whered you get the silicone beerline from? Is it okay compatible with the john guest?

I bought it through a lab supply company, but you should be able to buy it from ebay or Amazon etc these days. It's not cheap. Nor is it compatible with JG, but I use the swivel hose bards to connect to MFL style disconnects. Similar convenience.

Cheers
MAH

Hi guys,
Im likely to buy the perlicks in the next couple of days.
Those whove ordered from farmhouse, how long did it take? I emailed them a couple of days ago, but havent had a response which is concerning.

Also, for those interested in the European Faucets, I think these are a pretty good deal (although that is assuming they are german made and good quality).

I emailed them about the faucets, and this is the response, which seems bloody cheap to me.

Dear Alan,
thanks again for your mail.

Let me offer you:
- 4pcs. #293 piston dispense tap with restrictor, chrome-plated 44,10 p.p.
- transport
DHL economy 11-15days 38,50
DHL premium 7-9 days 56,50

Best regards

Daniel Sorg

Wecomatic Gertebau und Handel GmbH

what is p.p.? I am guessing it may mean per piece? if so how much is the exchange rate from AUS to Euro?... 44 Euro might be a bit rich if it is per piece then freight on top of that.

Like you A3k I try to only drink on weekends & have four taps. Don't blame you for being tempted by those chrome plated flow control taps & did a heap of searching for Celli-types in the US before I got my ss Perlicks. Perhaps I should have expanded my search for ss Celli's elseware but I didn't.
Got my 757 Perlick Creamers + shanks from Kegworks a couple of years ago & wouldn't be suprised if they're a bit cheaper ATM what with the GFC?
For the little extra cost those Creamers rock. :super:
Currently have 2.5 metres of beerline on each tap & find that coiling them up reasonably tight & fastening them with ties helps to minium the flow rate although if I win the Pools I'll get Celli's & give the Perlicks to you. :D

TP

It equates to $58 each + $50. (I read that as 38.5 Euro for all delivered).
So for 4 faucets, its $280 which seems pretty good to me for 4 European flow control faucets (provided they are in fact german made).

Ill be getting the following when I get my perlicks, just found that when I was looking:
4 x faucets $32.49
4 x shank $16.89
=$197 + postage (probably around $50)

4 x tailpiece etc but thatll be with either option.

So the perlicks only end up around $50 cheaper for 4 units.
Seems fairly cheap compared to most of the options for good flow control units I found (even chrome plated ones).

Hi TP,
Yeah, I looked on the Celli website, but they dont sell directly. I tried some Italian suppliers, but didnt have much luck.
I found a supplier in the states that seemed around $75 from memory, but I think that was for the chrome ones. Plus they didnt mention they were cellis, the taps just had celli pressed in the side of them.

Lots of the ones I found looked like cellis, but never said celli on the description.

As for the creamers, I was planning on getting 3 standard 525ss and 1 creamer. Do you have any issues with the creamer taps leaking? I remember hearing that they can be a pit temperamental with the lever position. Theyre only a couple of bucks more expensive.

cheers

Hi TP,
Yeah, I looked on the Celli website, but they dont sell directly. I tried some Italian suppliers, but didnt have much luck.
I found a supplier in the states that seemed around $75 from memory, but I think that was for the chrome ones. Plus they didnt mention they were cellis, the taps just had celli pressed in the side of them.

Lots of the ones I found looked like cellis, but never said celli on the description.

As for the creamers, I was planning on getting 3 standard 525ss and 1 creamer. Do you have any issues with the creamer taps leaking? I remember hearing that they can be a pit temperamental with the lever position. Theyre only a couple of bucks more expensive.

cheers

No issues with the Creamers whatsoever A3k except that if you push the tap handle back too fast the Creamer function won't work properly. Do it again more slowly & there's no hassles at all. Just a matter of getting used to them IMHO. :)

TP

Latest posts

Back