European brewery tours

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilkensone

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I am fortunate enough to be heading to England, Ireland, France in July and I wanted to check out some breweries and hopefully do a tour of some sort. Has anyone been over before that would like to offer some recommendations?

Enjoy your afternoons :kooi:

I suppose if you're going to Ireland you'll be heading to the Guinness Brewery? It's a bit meh, more of a marketing history lesson than a brewery tour. The best part is the end, where you get to have a pint in a 360 degree glass observation tower that overlooks Dublin. The Jameson whiskey tour is much better, and you get way more booze at the end.

If you are spending a few days in Dublin, make your way to the Porterhouse. It's an awesome micro brewery / pub on the edge of Temple Bar with a fantastic beer selection.

Cosh said:
I suppose if you're going to Ireland you'll be heading to the Guinness Brewery? It's a bit meh, more of a marketing history lesson than a brewery tour. The best part is the end, where you get to have a pint in a 360 degree glass observation tower that overlooks Dublin. The Jameson whiskey tour is much better, and you get way more booze at the end.

If you are spending a few days in Dublin, make your way to the Porterhouse. It's an awesome micro brewery / pub on the edge of Temple Bar with a fantastic beer selection.
I was thinking of heading there yes, I feel I have to go just for the 360 views I might be spending 3-7 days there so definitely will have time to check out a couple micro breweries I hope. Cheers Cosh

Get thee to Belgium! A relatively short train ride from Paris especially if you take the Thalys fast train (which it is best to pre-book).

Only been in Czech Republic for the Budvar and Pilsener Urqell tour.
Although Urquell is a shadow of its former self, they let you sample the old
recipe from an oak barrell...Heaven!!!

Guinness is more of a museum than a brewery tour. Has been many years since I was there but was well worth visiting.

Latest posts

Back