• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

European brewery tours

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Wilkensone

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I am fortunate enough to be heading to England, Ireland, France in July and I wanted to check out some breweries and hopefully do a tour of some sort. Has anyone been over before that would like to offer some recommendations?

Enjoy your afternoons :kooi:

Cosh

Reaction score
I suppose if you're going to Ireland you'll be heading to the Guinness Brewery? It's a bit meh, more of a marketing history lesson than a brewery tour. The best part is the end, where you get to have a pint in a 360 degree glass observation tower that overlooks Dublin. The Jameson whiskey tour is much better, and you get way more booze at the end.

If you are spending a few days in Dublin, make your way to the Porterhouse. It's an awesome micro brewery / pub on the edge of Temple Bar with a fantastic beer selection.

Wilkensone

Reaction score
Cosh said:
I suppose if you're going to Ireland you'll be heading to the Guinness Brewery? It's a bit meh, more of a marketing history lesson than a brewery tour. The best part is the end, where you get to have a pint in a 360 degree glass observation tower that overlooks Dublin. The Jameson whiskey tour is much better, and you get way more booze at the end.

If you are spending a few days in Dublin, make your way to the Porterhouse. It's an awesome micro brewery / pub on the edge of Temple Bar with a fantastic beer selection.
I was thinking of heading there yes, I feel I have to go just for the 360 views I might be spending 3-7 days there so definitely will have time to check out a couple micro breweries I hope. Cheers Cosh

Oakers

Reaction score
Get thee to Belgium! A relatively short train ride from Paris especially if you take the Thalys fast train (which it is best to pre-book).

chug!chug!

Reaction score
Only been in Czech Republic for the Budvar and Pilsener Urqell tour.
Although Urquell is a shadow of its former self, they let you sample the old
recipe from an oak barrell...Heaven!!!

kevo

Reaction score
Guinness is more of a museum than a brewery tour. Has been many years since I was there but was well worth visiting.

Latest posts