European Beers And Food Night

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colonel

Reaction score
G'day boys,

As I mentioned to a few of you at Billygoat's place on Sunday, my local pub often has a beer and food tasting night.

Some are better than others ( the James Squire one was a cracker!!).

They are usually held on a Wednesday night, which is crook if you have to work on Thursday!

And, it is in Myrniong, so you'd need a designated driver.

The usual cost is $60 to $70 for 5 or 6 course and matching beers (plenty of it).

I believe the next night is on Wed June 29th, and it will focus on European beers, which I thought may interest a few of you.

These things book out very quickly, so if you are at all interested, I'd suggest not waiting too long.

If you can't get to this one, there will be more coming up.

I'll try and get some more info on the weekend, but feel free to contact them yourselves.

Tables of between 4 and 10 are usual, but sometimes they'll squeeze in a single or couple.

"The Plough" Ph 03 5368 7173

I'm working the next day, but if a few of you want me to book a table, let me know.

Cheers

OK sorry, here's a bit more information.

The European "beers" on 29th June are ( sorry for spelling, garbled phone message)
Becks
Hieni
Stella
Carlsberg
Kronenberg 1644

I don't think there's a brewer coming, just a beer guru.

Then, on 10th August, there will be several beers from "Beard and Brau" brewery in SA

Late in the year, they are having an International Beer Awards night, where there will be about 15 beers available for blind tasting, where you can try and name the beer, and cast votes for the best (sounds good!)

Hmmm the one in Aug sounds ok. Will wait and see - poor old povvo Uni students like me would rather spend $70 at the next bulk buy than on one night of beer and food haha!!! :lol:

Sounds interesting. I wonder if the European beers are the real deal or the ones brewed under licence? Either way I'm more of an ale fan myself.

I'm with Lecter, the August one sounds good.

Back