Europe visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
So far: about 5 days in Tyreso, Sweden.
2 days in Arhus, Denmark.
3 days in Wuppertal, Germany (which will include a trip to altstadt in Dusseldorf to visit Zum Uriege and hopefully others).
7 days Berlin/surrounds
7 days Prague/surrounds (which will hopefully include a visit to Plzen or Krusovice or both).

We're mostly travelling by train and while the lady is happy to enjoy various beers as part of culture soaking, we're not going to spend the entire time at the pub. Just wondering if there's any must dos/visits (beer related but also museums/galleries/building/nature) in any of those areas.

In Arhus we'll see the Viking museum, in Cz we'll see animation museums and hopefully medical history/natural history museum and numerous other things I've forgotten but any and all suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

We did a really interesting 4 hr walking tour in Berlin. Berlin is a city of contrast. I loved Prague ,probably one of the most picturesque
cities in Europe. Walk from the middle of the city up to the top of the hill over the Charles Bridge to the Lobkowiczky palace.

There are places you would like Mardoo like Plebski and Boganovska.

Go to the world heritage listed Český Krumlov. We spent a night there. I sat and drank beer under the tree at the fork of the in the stream there while watching some form of regatta drift past where the participants pulled into a spot on the other side for supplies, apparently cured meat and beer. Ate dinner at a rustic restaurant - actually more of a converted stone cave that cooked over a giant smokey fire and served various meats on a huge wooden chopping board. Mustards and salad on the side. Dripping with history and more bohemian castles than you can poke a jewel encrusted sceptre at.
Gets touristy, but very light on tawdry, at least when we were there.

Cesky-Krumlov-Czech-Republic-1163x775.jpg

We're going later in the year, so I'll be watching this thread keenly! Good idea manticle

3 days in Wuppertal, Germany (which will include a trip to altstadt in Dusseldorf to visit Zum Uriege and hopefully others).

Happy landings if you're flying into Dusseldorf.

This from a few days ago:

That's crazy.

My old man was a pilot and he once said that you can be rest assured the pilot of the plane will be doing his absolute damnedest to make sure it lands right, no matter how bad the situation.

That pilot was definitely doing his damnedest.

Gotta agree with dave. Krumlov is awesome. There is a nice brewery called eggenberg on the river. Just walk through the main city gate and take the road that forks to the left down to the river. then follow the malt aroma.

Edit.. oh and a train trip for the day out to kutna hora to see the freaky little church decorated with human bones is something you will never forget.

Last edited:
+ 2 to Dave. When I was living in Munich we did a long week away there, stopping in Cesky Krumlov, Budvar, Prague and Pilsen. Despite Prague's magnificence, Cesky Krumlov topped them all for me. I remember the food and beer being the best there out of all of them too. But that was 2003, so tourism might have killed it since then.

Relax after a hard day in Prague with a beer spa.
(I think the young ladies might be an optional extra)

Relax after a hard day in Prague with a beer spa.
(I think the young ladies might be an optional extra)

I reckon you can kiss that kind of carry on goodbye (figuratively, of course)

# Me too..

Latest posts

Back