EU Referendum!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
So this is it, my fellow poms go to the poles and decide the future of the UK. I guess we're going to learn the stupidity or otherwise of pommyland pretty quickly.

The referendum goes deeper than that. It's a referendum on continuing to comply with mostly pointless Euro crap.

The poms are not stupid, unlike many of the Europeans.
Some of the silly crap which emanates from Brussels is almost unbelievable.

And I'm entitled to slag off Europeans, I'm a clogwog, so I'm from mainland Europe.

If they vote to leave the EU, the Pound will crash.

Cheap Maris Otter and Challenger. woot.

Ive got my eye on some ridiculously expensive English hand made guitar pickups.

If they vote leave, I think Im going to get a 20% discount.

Lets face it, the idea of the UK being part of a European super state is ridiculous, almost as silly as having Tasmania and Queensland as an integral part of Australia.

Nah, I have a soft spot for you folks over the Tasman.

What I always failed to understand about the EU was the fact that the various EU commissioners appointed by member governments had near unfettered powers whilst the elected MEPs had bugger all impact or influence. How is that democratic? I'd vote leave for that reason alone because if no one can be held accountable for a decision then I don't care if I think it's the right decision or not, that's just wrong.

Bribie G said:
Nah, I have a soft spot for you folks over the Tasman.
I like New Zealanders too, hey bro?

Blind Dog said:
What I always failed to understand about the EU was the fact that the various EU commissioners appointed by member governments had near unfettered powers whilst the elected MEPs had bugger all impact or influence. How is that democratic? I'd vote leave for that reason alone because if no one can be held accountable for a decision then I don't care if I think it's the right decision or not, that's just wrong.
I don't believe that is actually the case. There's a video doing the rounds recorded by a professor of european law which clearly explains Britain's role in Europe, the power we do actually have (that the leave campaign are trying to convince everyone otherwise) and while he states he is biased to an extent, it's worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y

Could we get a strait answer on this?

Surely it cant be that difficult with the benefit of 44 years of hindsight to assess weather or not the UK being part of of the EU has been a positive thing or not.
Though I suppose after nearly 2000 years of hindsight, religion still seems like a great idea to 83% of the planets population, so people are silly.

Latest posts

Back