Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

ESP32 Tilt Repeater

Discussion in 'Electronics, Hardware & Software' started by N3MIS15, 20/10/19.

1. N3MIS15

Posted 20/10/19
    I wrote a small sketch that repeats the data sent from any tilts it finds. My Tiltpi logging data while brewing in stainless fermenters that are inside fridges has proven difficult. The ESP32 repeater seems to have solved my issue. I have placed one inside each of my 3 fridges (outside of the fermenter).

The official repeater is about $130 AUD and can only repeat 1 tilt at a time AFAIK. My "solution" can be cobbled together for less than $10 and repeat all Tilts within range. It is most definitely not as low energy however.

The code can be found at https://gist.github.com/N3MIS15/72658a024eb0dfde6d1c0958092acd42

'I would love some feedback from anyone who is willing to give it a shot.

Cheers,
    Davo.

Truman42 likes this.
  2. N3MIS15

Posted 27/10/19
    FWIW this is the output from serial while connected to my phone. 5 Bluetooth devices were found and 3 were recognized as Tilt hydrometers. The green tilt is in some cleaning solution so ignore its temp and gravity.
    [​IMG]