Esb Randwick

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
:eek: Leon reckons he wants to close the shop and retire.
I'm so sad as all the beers he helped me with turned out really well, and its always really good to hang out try some beers, watch a mash demo etc.

Is he looking to sell the business, or just close the shop ?

Beers,
Doc

Leon reckons he wants to close the shop and retire.

It was one of Leon's demo's that introduced me to AG. Missed tasting his inspiring beers, motivation, advice and shop stock when he stopped weekend trading a few months ago. If someone of the calibre of Leon (e.g Doc :D ) does take over, with weekend trading
I'll be there with bells on.

When I did talk to him it seemed like he hadn't thought of selling it, but was considering letting it die a "natural death" as he put it.

Assuming that it is a viable business, this sounds like an opportunity for someone to takeover and resuscitate the place.

Dying a natural death - ?? What did Leon mean?

cheers
reg

Probably means that he will just run the business down, then close it.

Be a good buy for someone onow probably, the most important thing is to set up the ground rules from day one - i.e open all weekend but be shut tues / wed, or employ some uni monkey for those 2 days.

Working 6 days a week every week will kill you.

I have been OS for a few months and heard this sad news at the footy yesterday(Sat). The good news is that there seems to be a rescue team ready to take over. All is not lost just yet.
Keith

Guys,
is this store still open for business....?

prost
KoNG

ok....
NO its gone.. (did my own investigation)

what i need is the closest HBS to the city (sydney), where i can duck off and grab some hops for a dry hop tonight...
looking for some german hersbruker..

anyone got any locales...?

The closest place to the city would be Dave's Homebrew in North Sydney @ North Sydney Oval.

Beers,
Doc

Here is the website for Dave's Homebrew

1/283A Miller Street
North Sydney
NSW
Australia

9460 0526
9922 4259

Come and visit our shop under the Grandstand at North Sydney Oval.
Our trading hours are:-
Mon 10.00 to 5.30
Tue 10.00 to 5.30
Wed 10.00 to 5.30
Thu 10.00 to 6.00
Fri 10.00 to 5.30
Sat 9.00 to 4.00
Sun/Pub Hols Closed

Beers,
Doc

thanks heaps Doc,
i've actually been to Dave's a couple of times.
i guess i'll just have to cross the bridge, making it some expensive hops.. ha ha

hope he has what i need...

cheers

I used to shop at Daves (before moving to Queensland), he would deliver to my house after work when I purchased heavy items (grain etc, SS boiler etc.). Have a chat with him , he is extremely helpful.

I think ESB Randwick is Saturdays only at the moment,I think there was some trouble with the lease for the new guy.

Back