Esb Fresh Kit 20 Ltr Too Much

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjack

Reaction score
Just pulled my ESB Fresh APA from CCing ready for keg, seemed a little watery. Then I put my second ESB APA 19 Ltr from Ferm into Cube and it had alot more body!!! Am now brewing the ESB Amber at 18 I thing this should be just right. B)

Hi JJ,

Did an experiment with two amber ale fresh worts. One with just the 15 litres, plus 1.5 litres starter, and the other topped up to 20 litres. The 16.5 litres had more body and flavour and was probably the nicest beer I've made (That was until the fresh wort bock I cracked this week. 15 litres plus 1.5 litre starter. Sensational)

Cheers,
Jase

I'm about to ferment a pilsner wort kit in the next couple of days, just waiting on my czech pils yeast to breed a bit more. Think I might just add the 1.5 litre starter with mine, as well as a few saaz hop plugs. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers :)

Well I force carobonated my 20 Ltr APA and am drinking it now. It is a bloody great drop!!!! I am really glad I added a Cascade tea bag to the primary for more citrusy taste. Not to far away from a LCPA. I force carbed it on 40 for 5 minutes and think it is just a tad foamy but hopefully it will equalise at 10 psi. Next batch at 19 Ltr will even better I suspect. I am impressed with these Kits!!!

Jimmy - try the ESB Fresh Wort Stout - very nice. The APA is my staple brew too - always got a batch of these going. The Irish Red is a good one too.

This type of brewing is dangerous one could be out on the street very quickly if one kept brewing such wonderful beers

Cracked open a 10 day old ESB Fresh Wort APA last night. Bloody terrific as usual. Used Wyeast 1056. Boiled up 20gms amarillo hops for 20 mins in hop bag. Poured the tea into primary. 7 days primary then 5 days in secondary with 12gms Hallertau pellets loose. Bulk primed with dextrose. Excellent, simple, quick and bloody tasty.
Cheers
Steve

Brew: ESB Amber Ale -19Ltr
Primay: 7 days
Secondary: 7 days (added finings)
Keg: 5 days (36hrs of gassing at 300kpa)

It was a nice tasting brew indeed, will make again..

The ESB kits make a nasty mess in the fermenters thats for sure, all worth it in the end.

Latest posts

Back