Esb Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ads7

Reaction score
Hi all

Had my first taste of an esb lager I did about a month back. I have read the pilsner is a bit bitter and I find this in the draught also. The thing is, and I find this to be true in most of my beers except a wheat beer I did a few months back, the beer seems watery. I only fill to 20 litres all the time. I have read maybe filling to 18 liters. The beer seems to have no middle for lack of a better description. Should I be adding something else to compensate? Maybe some dme? I used dextrose to bulk prime.

Any thoughts or suggestions

Thanks

Adam

Try steeping some light crystal or caramunich malt(my fave),100/250 gms and reduce volume to 18 litres.
It will improve body ,add a subtle caramel sweetness and improve head retention. :D

Ads&
Sorry - not beer related - but ive noticed your picture a few times of the Mac G3 with a tap and a glass of beer underneath....is that for real? Its fantastic, would love one of those?
Cheers
Steve

The first good use for a Mac......

Yeah it's real Steve. Someone has posted the link in the jokes section on this site.I dont think it would be too hard torig up. I have a couple of old g4 towers lying around at work.I willgive it a go and post the pics.

Thanks for the tip brauluver.

Right on Jino

Ads

Ads7,
As suggested by Brauluver, a steep with some grain would help maybe 100g - 150g of Carapils. This would add a bit more body.

Cheers
Brad T

Latest posts

Back