ESB Brewing Kits - What are your thoughts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am looking at the ESB brewing kits, I am not sure if they are a brand of the ESB shop (the brew shot, esb brewing?)

Anyhow are they any good, and it looks like prices are pretty good and looks like they have craft beer can kits.

There is a robust porter, although out of stock... Robust Porter (Style Recipe Kit)

Surely it does not come with all the for that price, what I am missing?

Any recommendations of there range, Australian Bitter, Nut Brown Ale, Vintage Ale, Yorkshire Bitter, Ruby

Porter I think these kits

don't come with yeast (which I am not using kit any more). Would there 3 kg cans be something you can make without adding

extra malts - is that the point ?

Thanks

I made one of their 3kg tins many moons ago when I first started brewing. Like 3rd or 4th batch 6 years ago. I can’t even remember what it was now.

but I do remember thinking for quite a while on my tin journey. it was one of my best beers

Yes, the ESB 3kg kits are from ESB and have been around for more years than I can remember - 15 years or more. All listed here. ESB kits
I've never brewed one but plenty here have. Go up to the search function and type in 'ESB 3kg' to see the many posts from people before you.

Tried their 3kg stout 2 months ago. Delicious and creamy. The only addition was Coopers BE1. Only 18L instead of 23L because i wanted a richer beer. 4.4%.

Latest posts

Back