ESB 10th Anniversary Home Brew Competition - Monster Mash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korev

Reaction score
Hi All,

This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Extra Special Brewers Home Brew Competition so we have chosen a theme of big beers - Monster Mash.

Closing date is 22 July 2017 so you have plenty of time to brew and mature

Full details are here

Cheers
P1

Posting as much to bump the news as to show my unbridled enthusiasm for this comp .. Okay, you know I'm a BS artist....

Just put my RIS in the fermenter .. Probably will be a bit green in July, but you never know. Keen to put it in the comp.

Bump - ~ 12 weeks to go before entries close. Still enough time to brew and enter some beer.

P1

I put on a mini-BIAB Double IPA yesterday for this comp.. hit an unexpectedly high eff, turns out it'll be 9.5% ABV assuming attentuation goes as expected. 212g hops in a 12L batch.. what can go wrong :lol:

Hey all AHB,

I want to enter a few beers in the upcoming ESB monster mash brew comp and the rules say to fill out on-line registration form and paper form,
but when i fill out the on-line form the red asterix in the required field box for all four categories of beer is marked and won't let me submit
my registration because i only wish to enter 2 beers in two categories.I have sent an email asking if i have to enter beer in all categories or
only fill out paper copy or what, has anyone had this problem and can advise me of what i am doing wrong?

Hey all AHB,

I want to enter a few beers in the upcoming ESB monster mash brew comp and the rules say to fill out on-line registration form and paper form,
but when i fill out the on-line form the red asterix in the required field box for all four categories of beer is marked and won't let me submit
my registration because i only wish to enter 2 beers in two categories.I have sent an email asking if i have to enter beer in all categories or
only fill out paper copy or what, has anyone had this problem and can advise me of what i am doing wrong?
I'm no expert but could you just put N/A or no entry ?

I'm no expert but could you just put N/A or no entry ?
The on-line entry form has ticked check boxes for the 4 styles of beer, until you tick 1 in each category does the submit icon
stops being greyed out and allows the registration to send or happen to administrators' will have to go to local home-brew
shop and ask questions.

You are not doing anything wrong. I had incorrectly set the form up.

I have just tested it and it works for me now.

Please try again and let me know how you get on

Cheers
Peter

Will that have affected anyone who has submitted their online form and paper forms already?

Will that have affected anyone who has submitted their online form and paper forms already?
I don't think so as I can only see 1 other person who has registered their entries so far
Peter

I don't think so as I can only see 1 other person who has registered their entries so far
Peter

Flicked you a PM mate, just want to confirm that entry is not mine as I thought i had filled out the form

Peter, I'm going to post my entry. Send it to one of the Brew Shops or is it another address ?

Peter, I'm going to post my entry. Send it to one of the Brew Shops or is it another address ?

Preferably send to The Brew Shop 60A Henry Lawson Drive, Peakhurst, NSW, 2210

Cheers
Peter

If I drop off bottles to The Brew Shop Peakhurst a week before the due date, will they be stored in a fridge or at room temp in the meantime?

Also, any tips on making sure that the ink on bottle entry labels doesn't run?

If I drop off bottles to The Brew Shop Peakhurst a week before the due date, will they be stored in a fridge or at room temp in the meantime?

Also, any tips on making sure that the ink on bottle entry labels doesn't run?

Hi, The beers will be stored at room temperature at The Brew Shop which at this time of the year will be reasonably cool. Once collected a week before the judging they will be cold stored at the judging venue.

As to the second question try a permanent marker and don't apply to a bottle that is damp.

Cheers
Peter

Hi Peter, Is it ok to drop the beers off at your Alexandria shop?

Hi

Alexandria is not one of the shops that we collect the entries from please choose from The Brew Shop at the following locations per the How to Enter rules

60A Henry Lawson Drive, Peakhurst, NSW, 2210 or
2/55 Queen Street, Campbelltown, NSW, 2560 or
18 Flora St, Kirrawee, NSW 2232.

Peter

BTW The Brew Shop is a valued sponsor of Extra Special Brewers HomeBrew Competition

Back