Equinox

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DJR said:
I reckon i'll dry hop this as well but i want to see how much aroma survives 80% of the primary ferment first and then i'll figure it out. Good to know it works well as a dry hop, not all hops work well for that IMO
it lasts well, Ive had many a keg of equinox from cube hopping Ive not wanted/needed further..

but, you know... more

if kegging... drink first 5 then a 30g keg hop... bombing youll write home to mumma about..

essentially, from my POV, can do no wrong with any addition, very much like Citra in its versatility and wow's

One word... wow. Dry hopped with about 30g at the moment from yesterday and 15g today. SG is down to sub 1.015. The "dank" has kinda gone, now it has an intense grapefruit/stonefruit/melon/herbal combo I've not tasted in a beer before. So the combo with Columbus in an IPA i reckon has worked well

Would do again... only problem is i've already used up more than half the half pound I bought :unsure:

Now named

EKUANOT

what the holy hell is with all the re naming of hops lately.. makes me crazy..

i heard on the brewing network podcast that re-naming is based on poor performing hops with the industry and they mentioned equinox to be on the renaming list.

Ive used it and will again, it was pretty good.

indica86 said:
Papaya hops? Cool.
IMO American hops often have a papaw (papaya to septics) character, especially when used in high quantities.

It happens to be a character I dislike intensely which might be why I notice it so frequently.

Do you find it tastes a bit plasticcy LC?

I find a few tropical orange coloured fruits give me a plastic association I don't like. Pawpaw is one, mango can be another, as can canteloupe/rockmelon.

OT except that the pawpaw description also puts me off a bit.

Yep, I definitely get the same thing from pawpaw flavours sometimes. We may be organoleptically separated at birth ;)

Back