Epsom Salts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted Sanofi who produce Espom Salts in the blue box at chemists and the lady told me me that if there are no ingestion rates on the packaging then it's not food grade.

Ingestion rates would not be on packaging because that would leave seller at risk .

Just contacted Wollworths, they claim their Epsom Salts are not food grade either..

Because they legally can't. Might as well ask someone if they can guarantee 100% purity or if unpasteurised milk is ok to consume.

Just recieved an email my one of my LHBS, I asked the question about 'brewing salts' and food gradeability, they happily sent photos of the sacks inwhich the product is delivered from their supplier with 'food grade' printed on also included a material data sheet stating that the product is food grade and LHBS even contacted their supplier and asked for more material data sheets.

Interesting.

It's a wonder that SWISSE hasn't got onto it and packaged it as " A tonic for stressed home-brewers and alcoholics with muscle cramps." Maybe they have.

Latest posts

Back