Ep Bush Fire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spog

The Odd Drop Brewery
Reaction score
:( gidday all,am trying too post to you all a couple of pics of the bush fire over here today.my uncle lives in north shields and amazingly his home escaped the fire by 100 metres which gutted the caravan park,a work mate is a cfs volunteer and we have not heard from him since 9.30 this morning with bodies found out his way we are all worried,also i hope dicko is alright as i believe the fire ploughed through his area.although i have not met him i am pretty sure of where he lives which copped the full fire front.

P1010034.JPG

:( :( Fingers crossed for all who live in this area. at time of posting toll has been upped to 8.Depressing news indeed for a Rural community.

Dicko and his wife live in the town of Arno Bay , I am sure they will be OK , both travel to farms everyday for there work.
Where was the fire?

Batz

batz, at the moment it is about 4 clicks south of tumby bay which is about 30 k,s south of arno,thankfully i was about 25k,s out with my estimation of dickos humble abode. but the fire front was reported to be moving at about 25km,s per hour before the wind change, the wind is now slowing so hopfully it will give the firies a chance,

I have relations all over the Eyre , Tumby too :(

Has anyone had any contact with Dicko or others from the area.

If so can you post please.

Steve

at the moment the power/telephone is dropping in and out so hopefully this is the only reason we have not heard from them,plus the holy shit factor as well.

Rang him on his mobile , no answer I left a message

Just got a text from Dicko, he and family are all OK. He is stuck in Pt Lincoln as all roads out are closed.

C&B
TDA

OK
News is old , Dicko has rang me and as TDA says is OK , stuck at Pt Lincon as the roads are closed , his wifes is OK at Arno Bay.
He is having Coopers at his sons place , no HB is his biggest downer at present

Batz

good news on Dicko....!!!!

Thanks for the heads up boys...

Cheers
JSB

Hi folks,
First up I would like to thank you all for your concerns and well wishes in the above posts, phone and text messages and PM's.
It is truly a disaster and a tradgedy that happened here on the lower EP yesteday and as I could drive back to my home this morning I could realise the extent of the damage as I left Port Lincoln and travelled toward Tumby bay.
As far as I could see Tumby remained fire free as most of the damaged occurred to the north and north west of Port Lincoln.
The Eyre Peninsula is an area where most people know each other and there are many people such as myself who know personally, people that have lost homes and property and my heart goes out to them.
The fire is apparently under control as I type and I sincerely hope that this is the end to this destruction.
I also wish all those involved and there families the very best in there attempt to rebuild there homes and their lives.
Thanks and cheers

Back