EOI Oxygen scavenging caps/crown seals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be good to get some reviews on these caps.

As @n87 said there are a couple near the start of the thread.

If you want some I've ordered more than I need as I mostly keg, just wanted to make sure the bb happened :)
Give me a PM if you do, but I probably will not be able to get them to you until early Jan.

Cheers Cloughy, I will take you up on that, I read an interview with Ken Grossman recently and he stated his Holy grail was to come up with the perfect cap. I know Sierra Nevada tried the OS caps but ceased to use them, what I don't know is if it was because of the hop flavour stripping or because of the EU regulation on cap liners.

Hi @bbqzookeeper, @joolbag and @ABG, caps arrived this week.

PM me about how to arrange transfer.

@joolbag, send me your address, might be able to drop off on way home from my kids’ swimming lessons on Sunday.

@BBQzookeper, send me your brother’s address, might be able to drop off on one of the frequent trips to Bunnings.

HB

Cheers Cloughy, I will take you up on that, I read an interview with Ken Grossman recently and he stated his Holy grail was to come up with the perfect cap. I know Sierra Nevada tried the OS caps but ceased to use them, what I don't know is if it was because of the hop flavour stripping or because of the EU regulation on cap liners.

Back in VIC now, glad to see most of my poor plants survived not being watered.
Dammit now I have to research the hop flavour stripping due to OS caps :)

Was planning on using a few for beers that need to be stored for long periods in bottle and the odd competition beer if I ever pull my finger out and make one.
I'll pm once I've unpacked and had a sleep in my own bed :)

When carlton cold was released on to the market it had an Oxygen scavenging rubber lined crown seal, which was replaced by a plastic lined crown seal. The crown sealing compound was produced by WR Grace in Sydney Road fawkner

@Half-baked I transferred the money across to your account a week or so ago and sent you a PM. I'm still waiting to hear back from you. Could you please respond?

Sorry ABG, been away for Xmas, got back yesterday. Will respond to your PM...

HB

There is a post by me earlier in this thread after asking a similar question of the manufacturer.
On the phone, so difficult to search.

I give them a dip before putting them on the bottle, and it definitely worked for me.

This is a good point. Is liquid the problem or water specifically?

You may get away with a high concentration alcohol (2-3%) water. Do you know someone with a still?

Looks like most ethyl sanitiser is about 70% which means a good proportion of the balance is probably water.

Latest posts

Back